• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine stalls

poorboyjohn

NAXJA Forum User
Here is my question, it’s a two part question. I have a 1996 Cherokee (classic), Auto, 4.0 engine. First part I need a new muffler, plan on getting a Flow master 50”, I still have the original cat. This Jeep has 170, 000, smells like it’s running hot/rich from the exhaust, is it time to replace the CAT, how many miles do they last?

Second part I’m getting a code 36 flashing from the dash. What’s is a “Air switch solenoid” this is what I’m showing to be the code, this is a non-turbo model. I have two O-2 sensors, one in the Cat and one on the exhaust manifold. I’ve already replace the one in the Cat, and next week I’m planning on replacing the one in the exhaust manifold. (is this the problem)? My jeep also stalls at stop signs sometimes and has a stumble while at cruise,…about 2500 RPM’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John

Back