• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix 4.0 head needs replaced, any 4.0 head work?

BoostedYack

NAXJA Forum User
Just as the title says. Can I put a "HO" head on my "renix" equiped '87? Will it bolt right on and do I have to use all HO manifolds? I don't know much about swapping 4.0 engine parts, I just want to throw on a head that doesn't eat oil so much and get the off roading job done. Otherwise this thing is awesome, but can deal with the blue clouds sitting at lights. Thanks for any info! This website is great by the way

Yes but the port/alignment dowels are different for the intake. If you use the HO intake you loose the EGR (which might be required where you are) and have to use the HO throttle body and sensors.There was some discussion on the Strokers Yahoo group, not sure if there was here.

So its probably easier just to rebuild my head? would like to do some swapping if all just bolts up for some extra HP, but no big deal. I try to save my power making funds for the dsm and got to keep the yj up to par! Havn't had much off roading in the XJ since they closed down our spot

Probably easier to just rebuild the head?

I would say it's easier to rebuild your head and avoid other issues for no reason. If you were building a stroker then it might be nice to have the HO stuff but if you have smog tests you'll have problems. Although the HO head/intake flows better I'm not sure whether or not it will help much with the Rennix injection system.

Back