• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its a sickness...

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
If you aren't keeping score...

the buggy XJ (XJ #1) purchased Decemeber of 1999

current pic

DSCF0117.jpg

the baby jeep (XJ #2) purchased sometime in 2006

DSCF0015.jpg

the blue jeep (XJ #3) purchased 7/16/08...the newest member of the fleet

DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

the newest is a 1992 XJ 4x4 4dr plain jain except for 4.0, auto and a/c which all works good. has a bit of damage to the rear quarter on the drivers side, 104k, runs and drives strong. clean interior with less than average rust for the age of the XJ. picked it up for $1150. brought it home, changed the oil, replaced the rear tail light, replaced the tstat and upper radiator hose...currently driving it like i stole it...

plans include getting buggy finished for moab, maybe going to 33s on the baby jeep, and keeping the blue jeep stock (yeeeeeeeeeeah right!)

the crazy thing is that i have an 88 xj that i got for free that is a parts jeep that happens to have a perfect drivers side rear quarter intact (along with other good parts)...so its really jeep #3 making the new one #4 except that the parts XJ was free and never was drivable (since I have had it)...

add the 4 XJ's sitting around to the 06 megacab dodge diesel and the 94 3/4 ton dodge with a car trailer, and 5x8 utility trailer and company car and there should always be something wtih gas in it to drive...

mac 'my neighbors love me' gyvr

Screw your neighbors. If they give you any grief beat them about the head with a night stick!

B

Nice fleet! I have finally pared mine down to 3 vehicles, but I'm adding a trailer next weekend. The BMV knows me by name, is that bad?

Bloose said:
Screw your neighbors. If they give you any grief beat them about the head with a night stick!

B

How about one of those fancy new taser guns. The ones that shoot the fish-hooks. Those are cool.

Bloose said:

B

Nah - use an old camshaft. Heavier, and more sharp edges.

Just don't do it anywhere on your property - head wounds are messy...

Hey Mac - you still have that Dana info you'd said you were going to send me? My contact at Dana has been helpful, but all they can get for me is current production stuff, and I'm looking for archival information now...

Got room for a barn 'Gyvr?

I thought I had too many vehicles ... judas priest!

Les ;)

Pat said:
wtf are you really going to do with #3?

running out of time on #1! get busy!

#3 is the one that I'm keeping stock...(famous last words)

My brother has a job that moved him back to Indiana from Cali but he travels now for work, so when he's in town #3 will be his to drive (hes going to chip in and help pay for it i hope), plus there's some talk about cutting back the company car usage with gas, so #3 will help with errands as the baby jeep #2 is growing more and more less fun to drive on the street....and more of a moderate wheeler/back up wheeler jeep...#2 actually did an extraction today for a fellow coworker who just bought an XJ and got the stock rig stuck out wheelin by himself...

#1 is top priority now (MOAB)

mac 'i keep saying i'm going to slim the fleet down, but still buying more' gyvr

Yeah I read you want to keep it stock...makes more sense now.

I just reduced my fleet last night...Scrambler left on a trailer to MS.:tear:

I'll have to add something else though.

macgyvr said:
mac 'my neighbors love me' gyvr

Yours too..... lol Mine have called zoning so many times the "inspector" can drive to my house with his eyes closed :D And then the tornado of May 30th hit my place :( but in a few ways that has helped)
1: Neither Jeep was damaged
2: Zoing is ignoring calls from the neighbors ) I lost 40 trees... really big mess! Garage and shed destroyed
3: I get a new garage
4: the new garage will be 30x40 :D :D replacing the falling down 16x 20
5: the neighbors won't be able to see any of the yard once I'm done as it will have privacy fence all the way around!
6: I didn't have to pay for the construction permits because of the storm damage

Anyway the neighbors can't moan any more..... funny, not one of them got PERMITS to do their repairs!

I do need a couple more XJ's though to fill the new garage ;)

JS

Pat said:
Yeah I read you want to keep it stock...makes more sense now.

I'll have to add something else though.

Ahhh man! that scrambler was friggin sharp too! looked good cruising through brown county :D hopefully it stays that nice

XJ&TJ4ME said:
looks like a JCR unit, but I could be wrong

I think it's the JCR he won in the WF raffle.

My medium duty jeep (wife's DD) has a Loose Nuts bumper I won in the Fall Fling raffle...

Three is just about the right number of XJs. One trail duty, one trail/DD, one DD. So far my 94 has remained mostly stock, just some coil spacers, AALs, heavy duty shocks, swapped the 3.07 D30/35s for 3.55 D30/8.25s from Cindy's '99...

Pat said:

Sad.......

Tell me you didn't have to sell that clean scrambler to help pay for fuel to get to Moab this year...

....well...ok if you did it will be worth it! :)

less limited all your XJs always look cleaner and nicer than my junk...and you at least have two drivers for three XJs...

yes that front bumper on XJ2 is a JCR bumper won at winterfest 07 raffle...

mac 'hopes to win a rear bumper someday' gyvr

Back