• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No brakes

tuckholladay

NAXJA Forum User
I am away from home for work a lot and drive the company truck. The poor Jeep just sits sometimes. I was home for a few days and it was nice so I decided to take it over to the car wash. Got to the end of the driveway and no brakes.

I remember a while ago it sat for a while and the brakes had a bouncy feel. My handy friend told me the pads had been in one place so long that they made a slight indent in the rotors. It eventually smoothed out.

Now the EBrake light is stuck on wether or not I pull it up and the pedal goes all the way to the floor and I have no brakes.

Are the pads stuck to the rotors? Or is it master cylinder replacement time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one time I had my brake pedal drop to the floor, the hardlines to both front calipers had sprung leaks. Any puddles under it before you tried to move it?

Be sure to check the other two hard lines as well as the two hard lines on the rear axle. If one line is rotted through, the others aren't far behind.

Be sure to check the other two hard lines as well as the two hard lines on the rear axle. If one line is rotted through, the others aren't far behind.

Yea I’ll just do all four. Maybe just get a new master cylinder if it isn’t too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure all the bleeders open before you finalize your parts list. It sucks finishing up all the plumbing only to find out you need to replace wheel cylinders or calipers for a broken bleeder.

Back