• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on a jeep

The more I look at it I think it is overpriced. Its a 1988. I could probably get a 95 or newer cherokee or grand cherokee for the same price. Plus, I don't think I want the 5 speed. I need to be able to hold my pumpkin spice lattes.

Depending on how long it has been on CL and the issues it has, you may be able to get it knocked down some.

Unless it has rust on it. If it does, then it's worth significantly less, not to mention that the 4WD probably doesn't work properly and may need some replacement parts.

Without seeing it in person, it's hard to tell. Probably doesn't matter either way since he's not willing to drop the price. If you are interested in buying an MJ, head over to www.comancheclub.com and browse the classifieds.

My 88 has the RENIX engine and it's pretty powerful but I think that getting one with the HO motor in it would be preferable. Partly because it's more powerful but mostly because there's a wider range of replacement parts for it.

getting one with the HO motor in it would be preferable. Partly because it's more powerful but mostly because there's a wider range of replacement parts for it.

if memory serves, he already had a comanche with a HO in it. trying to remember who helped him out with all of that...:wstupid:

And to top it off it being an 88 5 speed it's likely got the peugot ba10 tranny in it.

After looking around I think your right. The non lifted/wheeled older jeeps that are in good condition seem to be in high demand. I wouldn't be suprised if he already has some people coming to look at it this morning. I wouldn't feel bad paying $2k for it.

you should get a manche and do this

36038_1669223496340_1409933511_1762173_5450546_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I think whatever I do is going to be a mall crawler or a moderate wheeler. When I say moderate I mean trail riding. I will be staying away from rocks.

yeah trail riding/exploration is actually my favorite thing to do. which you can really do in a stocker with 30 inch muds and a couple lockers. a budget boost would be good in that situation.

the only reason my jeep is built as much as it is, is in the unlikely event where i get to do a cross country camping/exploration of rural areas, i don't want something i neglected to upgrade on my jeep, keeping me from getting somewhere, or getting me stuck in the toolys.

Back