• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injector Wiring Harness

As I recall, it's not a subharness - you'll end up getting most of the engine bay wiring.

What's wrong with yours? I had to rebuild the harness in my 87 years ago due to floating grounds (half-assed crimp connectors covered with duct tape is what did it. AMC was generous with conductors, but some of their connections leave something to be desired...)

maybe Painless Wiring has them?

Wish they had one for a 2000 XJ....New Mexico heat has made every single wire and connector brittle as hell. I have one from a JY jeep ready to go in, but I need to get some massive under hood cooling (vents) before I throw that in....

I think its http://www.painlessperformance.com/

some good clips from a pick n pull, time with a solder gun and heat shrink may be alot easier than changing out the bay harness...
5-90 could probably confirm, but no, I don't believe the harness from a 91-98 would work on a renix.

I don't believe so, but I can't confirm.

If it's the "floating ground" issue, you can solve it by correcting all of the ground splices (use quality crimp lugs, don't solder. Solder joins tend to "go cold" underhood, no matter how well they are when they start life...) You can clean them up by fixing the individual connections, or you can take another approach - run each ground back to the chassis with a new lead, and ground to a common point on the chassis (or, perhaps, the engine block. I'd have to look at the wiring setup to get a better idea of which should be better. Granted, if youre grounds are up to scratch, it shouldn't matter either way...)

5-90 said:
(use quality crimp lugs, don't solder. Solder joins tend to "go cold" underhood, no matter how well they are when they start life...)

I had never thought of that... will use lugs if the repair joints on my '89 ever bite it... learn something new here every day!
:cheers:

Back