• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Fog light wiring ???

evilpresence

NAXJA Member #983
So I got the Euro part that has 4 slots between the lighter and power outlet. Took out my factory one which had 3 slots and there was a wire plugged into the non-used slot where the fog light should be. When I put on my ARB bumper, I noticed a wire hanging down. Now I'm no rocket scientist, but if I were to put the two together, I would figure XJs come prewired for all options and then they either get them or not. Same thing with tweeters too right?

Anyways, if I get a fog light switch it should plug in and then I can splice my wires at the bumper side I should be able to attach aftermarket right?

TIA

The wire behind the front bumper is for the outside temp sensor for the overhead console.

The pigtail behind the switch panel is for the factory foglight switch and it runs to the main harness; however, you will still need the underhood foglight harness that runs from the main harness up to the front of the vehicle.

Your XJ will have the wiring for the factory tweeters in place if you have the power package options. (not really sure about manual crank windows, door locks, etc; they take a different harness)

All of the above pertains to 97+ only.

Last edited:
I have a 89 sport that had no p/w or p/l untill i installed them from a 93 donor that was loaded. i noticed it had the tweeters so i took them also. when i went to install them i noticed that i had all the wiring for them. Now im in the middle of an overhead console install i hope mine has the necessary wiring for that it would make the install simple. The wiring was there for the tweets not the p/w or p/l.

Wolf said:
The kit listed above is not the one you want. You already have the elusive 4-slot bezel and you're planning on aftermarket lights.
All you need is the wiring harness if you want to wire it into the factory setup. Here's the kit to go that route and it's about $100 cheaper than the above kit w/the OEM lights.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33709&item=7919479000&rd=1
I'd still do it the way I listed above in my first post.

xray said:
I have a 89 sport that had no p/w or p/l untill i installed them from a 93 donor that was loaded. i noticed it had the tweeters so i took them also. when i went to install them i noticed that i had all the wiring for them. Now im in the middle of an overhead console install i hope mine has the necessary wiring for that it would make the install simple. The wiring was there for the tweets not the p/w or p/l.

Be very careful before you rip your roof apart!!!! I was in an '89 Limited, and at least roof wise, the only wiring was for the front ceiling light someone ripped out. I was thinking of an overhead console myself if I ever come across one in my searches. This isn't to say there's not a connector or wiring harness somewhere for it under the dash or such, but at least to overhead where it goes, in a Limited. Just would hate for you to rip apart your ceiling looking for something that probably isn't there.
Hope you get yours in and working just the same though!

Back