• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hard brake pedal

6.0-10

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I'm new here, I bought a 01 xj in march with a 4.5 liftand smitty built bumpers with 31s and since then upgraded the steering to wj knuckles and crossover steering, d30 hp front axle with truss and 8.8 rear with truss and 4.56 gears, JK 18 rims with 33s and a tom woods sye and new drive shaft. After getting everything together the brakes seem hard to me I installed a new spring in the pv but didn't change anything. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what would fix my problem. the jeep is drivable just doesn't feel like it would stop good in a panic situation.

Hard as in the vacuum booster is not working or the brakes are not holding properly?

The larger tires will a lot more difficult to stop than the OEM size tires. If that is the case some upgraded front brakes are needed.

Reply with more information so others could help you with a proper solution.

No, I've got the WJ/KJ set-up on my 2k which works excellent!

I have the front brakes from a wj. So that's a bigger rotor and dual piston calipers. I was wondering if a bigger booster is required with the swap.

Is the brake booster working? There is a way to check it.

Back