• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd to 4wd

Riley/MN

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sorry, I'm sure this must've been covered, but my search parameters must be off..

I am stripping a 93 to get the motor, but everything else is there, the body is shot. I am going to look at a 94 2wd tonight. I am thinking the swap should be fairly easy, right?

Thanks

~Riley

Transmission
Transfer case
Shifter assembly
Front axle
2 driveshafts

As long as you aren't worried about the indicator lights, which may be a non issue on a 93/94, not sure, then it is that easy yes.

Using an aftermarket shifter instead of the crap factory one makes it a LOT easier.

Transmission
Transfer case
Shifter assembly
Front axle
2 driveshafts

As long as you aren't worried about the indicator lights, which may be a non issue on a 93/94, not sure, then it is that easy yes.

Using an aftermarket shifter instead of the crap factory one makes it a LOT easier.

Yep, that's it, and having a full parts vehicle there to grab everything from makes it a lot easier, and being of similar years, even more so!

I just got done swapping everything from a 91 to a 96 and had to change several sensors engine wise, and a friend and coworker swapped everything from said 96 to a 2wd 98 and converted to 4wd and also had to change some sensors. There's a story there, but this is your thread, so I'll just point out that the only things we ran into were with the motor, so swapping everything else will be a direct swap. I will mention later models do have differences in the transmissions, but that won't be an issue for you.

Last edited:
Back