• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts ID-ing - axle side control arm bushings on a 96 XJ

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
I've ordered 4 new control arms only to find out they don't include the front bushings for the upper set, the one that has to be pressed out of the axle housing.

I'd like to go with Moog part MOOG-K3128 which is a two bushing kit..

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k3128

but the description is that each kit is to replace the bushings in the same arm, and that 2 kits are needed per vehicle.

So what I'm wondering is...are both bushings in the upper control arms the same? If so I could use just one of these kits to replace both the axle side bushings.

Yes, all of the upper bushings are the same. This kit comes with two bushings. Good luck getting the old bushing out, and have a spacer handy when you press the pass side one back in so you don't bend the bracket. Penetrating oil, an air hammer or ball-joint press, and worst case a sawzall are the weapons of choice.

Sometimes quantites in catalog are wrong. The moog number you have dos have 2 bushings in it. So only one set req'd. Only 19$ at your local O'reilly auto parts.
As stated can be a PiTa to remove/install.
I endev up melting the bushings and hammering the sleeves out.
BJ press may work.
A tip for install.. Put bushings in freezer for a bit to help shrink them.

The O'Reilly's Master Pro K3128 were the same as the MOOG's last time I looked. Both were Clevite. I'd save yourself the $10 and get the Master Pro as long as they are still Clevite.

I made up a bushing press from fittings and hardware in my junk box. Worked great pressing the new UCA axle bushings in.

Nevermind - the image isn't coming up.
dunno.gif

I71IeVb.jpg

Last edited:
Back