• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum ball

RenegadeT

NAXJA Forum User
What does this vacuum ball under the bumper supply? More importantly, can I remove it and plug the line. 1995 4.0L/auto...I have removed A/C and bypassed the heater core. I can't even remember if it has cruise control, if it does, I won't be using it.

You still need reserve to properly operate the functions of the HVAC system. There's no need to remove it.

Yep.

Mount it in the engine compartment on or near the passenger side firewall. If you eliminate it, your vents will switch to defrost whenever you accelerate.

Agree, also eliminates about 5' of troublesome vacuum line.

There is a diagonal fender brace just behind the stock mounting location on the bumper. When I mounted up my new bumper, I used 2 sheet metal screws to relocate it - fits nicely and tucked out of the way.

You mean which hoses to hook it to? If so, the tit marked "vac" on the ball goes to the hose from the intake manifold and the other tit on the ball goes to the vac line on the passenger side firewall going into the passenger cabin.

I have removed A/C and bypassed the heater core. I can't even remember if it has cruise control, if it does, I won't be using it.

if you don't have heat or AC, you could delete the vacuum ball and leave the HVAC set to defrost. I don't see much need for heat and vent ducting it it's only going to blow ambient temperature air, so you shouldn't need it. If future plans include fixing the AC or heat, I'd follow the previous recommendations and relocate it to the fire wall for later use.

Back