• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 97 XJ

You'd have to see it to follow what I did.

It's plated bumper to bumper. Integrated the rear bumper mounts to it. Also tied in a 4 bolt steering box stiffener.

But "lost" the factory crossmember in the process for the custom crossmember. The bottom and inside rails (and all sheetmetal between) are painted and coated. Outside surfaces have a coat of surface rust that can be easily removed. And then painted, of course.

Sheetmetal is so-so. Typical rocker rot. I cut the rear qtrs., but never folded them. And only partially cut the rear wells.

You can forget about leaves with this setup tho. :rolleyes:

But yes … I would sell the body once I yank the motor/trans/etc out.

Want to take a drive down to see it? :roll:

Sway bar disconnects? Extended brake lines perhaps? Poly spacers for front coil springs?

I know someone building an XJ on a budget right now. :wave1:

Poly spacers, yes.

Brake lines, no ---- i don't use stainless lines.

Sway bar discos, yes. They're in rough shape and I hadn't given them much thought, TBH.

Holla on the side.

Interested in the following if still available and funds can be allocated before the wife notices:
Arb
Header panel assembly
E-fan
Front skid
Engine mounts.
Price if you still got em? Might have to ship to 21028 or ask you to hold a bit if I can't get up there right away.

ARB .... Stil got it
Front ..... yup ... tripped over it
Front header assembly ..... Stepped over it today
E-Fan ..... Gone
Motor mounts ..... both still here. Which one are you asking about?

Let me know and I'll wing up a price for you.

Joe

Anyone looking for a chassis to build for a serious crawler shouldn't pass his up, checked it out today when I picked up some parts. Great deal, quality work and a good headstart on a wheeling project. Nice meeting you today, and thanks. Already installed the fan and shroud.

Anyone looking for a chassis to build for a serious crawler shouldn't pass his up, checked it out today when I picked up some parts. Great deal, quality work and a good headstart on a wheeling project. Nice meeting you today, and thanks. Already installed the fan and shroud.

Thanks man.

Was glad to meet you too.

Guys ... I'm not looking to rip people off .... just want to thin down the inventory and move on to finishing house projects. Ultimate goal is to start another Jeep project (something different this time).

ARB .... Stil got it
Front ..... yup ... tripped over it
Front header assembly ..... Stepped over it today
E-Fan ..... Gone
Motor mounts ..... both still here. Which one are you asking about?

Let me know and I'll wing up a price for you.

Joe

Header panel-yes definitely want
ARB- maybe, depending on price
Front skid and motor mounts- not really serious about but if the price is right... maybe, if so Brown Doggy would be preferable
Thanks,
Clay

How much are you looking to get for the Stroker?

Maybe I missed it.

Still have that Radiator? How much are you asking? Two options - would you ship to Nashville? Otherwise, I will be in Philly in November, if it's still around, and I could possibly pick it up.

Back