• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Somethin I've been wondering

Prowler

NAXJA Forum User
Ive noticed this on my old jeep and now my current.
Why does the rear driver side tire sucked into the wheel well when the rear passenger side is sticking out some? I have cragors with 4inch back space shouldn't they be equal???

Prowler said:
Ive noticed this on my old jeep and now my current.
Why does the rear driver side tire sucked into the wheel well when the rear passenger side is sticking out some? I have cragors with 4inch back space shouldn't they be equal???
But the original question was about a rear tire. I wouldn't think the trac-bar had much to do with this!

Probably need to replace the spring eye bushings, mostly the front ones. They tend to shift inside of the eye as the springs get older and if you you really hang it out around a curve.

Prowler said:
I am talking about the "rear"

So it is a spring eye bushing? is this gonna cost me a bundle?

The bushings are cheap but a royal PIA to put in...sometimes. Depends on how much salt/snow your rig sees. I recommend pulling both spring packs and take them to a machine shop and have them pressed out, and the new ones pressed in. You will also need new axle u-bolts, you can get these at any local axle/spring shop.

Back