• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix low fuel pressure

Erik Litchy

NAXJA Forum User
whats the most likely problem its the same with the vacuum line on or off.
IMAG0032.JPG

IMAG0033.JPG

imag0030.JPG

i kinda had to make a homeade adapter

It is one of two things, fuel pump or pressure regulator. Pinch the rubber hose on the outlet of the fuel rail. If the pressure goes up, its the regulator, if it doesn't its the pump.

clamping the hose had no effect. is carter a good brand of fuel pump? thats what my local parts store has in stock for this thing.

do fuel pumps work like that as they get old?

i hate to be a pessimist, but i had one hell of a time finding the correct fuel pump from aftermarket vendors. had to bite the bullet and buy one from Jeep dealer. very expensive but fit perfect.

I have run quite a few different makes of pumps and they all seem to fail pretty quick The one I have run now for three years with no problems is the Holley pump.

problem was the internal hose was rotted. so i need a new lock ring and o-ring is all

I had the exact same thing happen to me, only mine was a no start problem (My hose rotted right off) those Bosch OEM pumps are tough as nails, mine is the origional pump from 87. You might watch out though, mine seized up a few times while I was working on the tank. Just give it a few taps with a mallet and try to test it with a coffe cup of water. You should watch out about that though, they tried to get a new fuel pump out of me. After I got it unseized, I put it back in and its been working great since.

I had the same problem once upon a time. I ponied up the loot for the fuel pump, and while installing it, I found that the trouble was that the hose inside the tank that couples the pump to the bulkhead had slipped off. I sliped it back on tightened up the clamp as tight as I could, and to this day, I have no problems.
Got my $$$ back for the new pump. That thing was like $180 if memory serves."Bosch"
Just a thought.

Back