NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old August 17th, 2021, 21:34
NAXJA Forum User

Prothane Plugs

Check these out.. I recently found them and installed them along with Prothanes on my ZJ. Iíve ran prothanes in the past and always had the issue of them jamming onto the upper coil retainer/bump stop post. These are a 1.5Ē barbed adapter with a 2Ē flange. They fit really snug into the Prothane and will keep it from jamming. Havenít tested them yet, Iím wrapping up the ZJ now and getting it ready for itís first dirt run post lift.

https://www.amazon.com/DERNORD-Barbe...9261171&sr=8-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 2nd, 2021, 20:35
NAXJA Member #321

Re: Prothane Plugs

If you don't like them clanging metal to metal I just bolt a 1/4" thick plate on the end of the tower. It chews them up over time but not horrible.

I also put a piece of round delrin plastic in the center hole to make a hard bump.
Old September 14th, 2021, 22:33
NAXJA Forum User

How did it go? Was it a successful build? Care to share what have you found out?
Old September 21st, 2021, 08:38
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Bnvds View Post
How did it go? Was it a successful build? Care to share what have you found out?
I havenít been able to get it off road yet. This is a new build that Iím wrapping up some final things on, and with a 6 month old itís hard to find the time. I can say that I hear them tapping around town when I hit dips and bumps a little hard. They are staying in place so far, I really donít think theyíll come out when used off road.

Wish I had more of an update to give you, Iíll update when I can.
Old September 21st, 2021, 10:16
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpile_zj View Post
These are a 1.5Ē barbed adapter with a 2Ē flange.
Are you sure it is a 1.5"? The link you posted only has 1.25" and 1.75" avalible.
92 MJ AW4 2wd, 97 mirrors. Future 4wd swap, 242, MJ 44, Eliminator Roll bar, Bucket seats, 97+ console
Old September 27th, 2021, 15:11
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose_XJ88 View Post
Are you sure it is a 1.5"? The link you posted only has 1.25" and 1.75" avalible.
Positive, the ID of the Prothane is 1.5". Looks like the seller changed the Amazon listing and removed the 1.5" option. It's a fitting to go from a 1.5" hose to a 2" clamp. You could look for a different flange size, as long as the barbed fitting is meant for a 1.5" hose it will fit into the Prothane. I'd suggest keeping the flange under 3" or it may start to hang off the edge of the Prothane.

https://www.dernord.com/ This is the manufacturer. You could see if they have any in stock still, or another size that may work.