• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shutting down the forrest.

89mudder

NAXJA Forum User
On my way to play around in the snow I stopped by the ranger station in Estacada and asked about road usage and they said that they will be shutting down most of the forest soon and having designated OHV places. Anyone know more about this?

Yeah, soon means they've been "studying" it for the last decade, and will have a plan ironed out around 2050. You can look for the first trail to open about 2135.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mthood/contact/

I assume you are talking about the Mt Hood National Forest?? As managed by the USFS ?

You should contact them and ask them to define what you were told.

There are a LOT of people who think that the new administration in DC will move to a heavy preservationist stance and begin locking gates everywhere. At this time I haven't seen anything written in stone so I hope we still have a voice. But our voice is only effective if we use it from an informed position. So please contact them and ask for more information. And if it simply turns out that you ran into a preservationist who is hoping that the roads will be closed then remember the only way to counter that person's influence is by speaking as "loudly" as they do.

I have sent an email or two and not had any replies. I am hoping it was just because it was the holidays.

Back