• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone near Spring, Tx that knows Jeep wiring?

Sixshooter1125

NAXJA Forum User
93' XJ 4.0 5-spd

I have a short somewhere in my ignition, I'm not getting any spark to my coil. The Jeep gets fuel, and turns over, just no spark. This is the second time it has done this in a month. It happened both times when I "dumped" the clutch. The first time I took it to midas, they repaired the short, changed a fuse and she was running again. I cant find the short. AT ALL. So I was wondering if anybody had any advice, or would like to take a look at it.

Ryan

Yeah try magimerlin... I live in the Spring area (Montgomery County side) and he comes over all the time.

93' XJ 4.0 5-spd

I have a short somewhere in my ignition, I'm not getting any spark to my coil. The Jeep gets fuel, and turns over, just no spark. This is the second time it has done this in a month. It happened both times when I "dumped" the clutch. The first time I took it to midas, they repaired the short, changed a fuse and she was running again. I cant find the short. AT ALL. So I was wondering if anybody had any advice, or would like to take a look at it.

Ryan

I bet you had a bad engine mount or tranny mount and pinched a cps wire between the bellhousing and body. check the wires to the CPS, check the engine ground.

Boy burbon... when you leave us, we (Chia most of all) will be screwed!

I am just surprized we didn't have to change your water pump on the side of the road.

Back