• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door lock

ewoudberg

NAXJA Forum User
hello, my door locks worked perfect till today. Now they do unlock but do not lock withe the remote. inside the same at the switches. when opening the passenger door the switch works , closed not.

Remote wont wont lock from outside. It will unlock.

Where to start for this problem

xj 1991

Regards form Europe
Stay safe

Do they attempt to lock/unlock but not enough force to do so? When you lock/unlock at each door, do they resist or do they still move somewhat freely?

Typically, the locks get caked up with dust, dirt and dried up grease. You may need to just clean and relube them.

If that doesn't work, you need to check power and grounds. The lock/unlock relays are under the passenger side kick panel.

Do they attempt to lock/unlock but not enough force to do so? When you lock/unlock at each door, do they resist or do they still move somewhat freely?

Typically, the locks get caked up with dust, dirt and dried up grease. You may need to just clean and relube them.

If that doesn't work, you need to check power and grounds. The lock/unlock relays are under the passenger side kick panel.

thanks. The actuators work. only lock with the remote does not work. Inside with the switches they work. ( but now I notice that sometimes inside acts strange to)

I will look for the relay. ( what is the kick panel) door or under dash?

Do you have a factory alarm or aftermarket?

Back