• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A strange "fur-ball".....

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I just drove up to the convenience store, it ran fine till I went to shut it off. All of a sudden it would surge up to about 1100 rpm then almost stall. it repeated this fairly quickly, I tried to hit the gas and I thought it was going to stall for sure. Turned it off and proceeded in the store, came out it started right up and ran fine on way way home.

????????????????????????????

Btw, I turned the headlights off just prior, I didn't think to try turning them back on. The voltage showed 14 volts and it is "full" of fuel, temp and oil pressure were normal also.

Maybe that's the XJ version of Covid-19.

Better quarantine it for two weeks.

:jester:

This is on a 2000 btw, I will check the connections today. It's the original IAC so I will order a new Mopar one just in case.

IAC-19.:anon:

I've been to busy to get to this but nothing happened yesterday with it. My (2) new Mopar IAC's will be here today, btw their pretty proud of those things ($). I'll probably wait till something happens again before I do anything to see if I can better analyze what's going on.

RCP,

Do you mind sharing where you bought the IACs and the P/N? I am in process of putting together a motor for my 2000 and want to replace all sensors with new Mopar units.

Thanks,
Noah

The worst part is that anything Mopar is getting hard to find, that's why I usually by 2 of whatever because I have (2) 2000's. I'm still trying to decide on whether to replace it or not since I don't even know if that was the problem!

Crank position sensor.

Anything is possible but since it hasn't given me any more problems I don't have anything I can fix. I do have 2 new Mopar cps's ready to go if needed

Update, it just started stalling out when the idle gets below 1000rpm. It's drives great otherwise but starts to cut out regardless of temp, speed, neutral, etc..

I just took it out to focus just on what's happening. If I carry any kind of rolling speed and just let off the throttle, the rpm's will dive to about 200-300rpm and will shorty clear back up( regardless of brakes) and idle normally.

With my 1998, similar symptoms were cured with a new IAC.

I'm going to go ahead and replace it but I did not want to just start throwing parts at it, specially Mopar parts!

Put the new IAC in tonight and it seems to run great, we'll see!

Back