• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms?????

greenbeater

NAXJA Forum User
k guys dont flame me toooo bad please.. i come mostly from jeepfourm and was told you guys where the ones to ask in this area... i did search but had trouble finding what i was looking for so here it goes...

i think i have a decent way of makeing my own long arms just not sure if its a good idea with a small lift.. what do you guys think would happen...

1. not enough to bother with...

2. mad sick droop for a small lift

the design would be a straight bar from the crossmember with the uppers mounted to it.. very similer to rustys design... (the arms not the mounting...)

questions about this would be to you guys think the stock crossmember can take the stress?? i would think it could with braceing no prob..

and another thought that i had on a homebrew would be use the same design for the lower arms but put the upper arms on the stock lower arm mounts.. for a modified long arm four link...( think streched skyjacker)

or does all of this seem silly and i should just make some "double flex" stock type arms and call it good...

i can get the right parts and stuff to do this just dont know if it would be worth mostly the time to do it..

if there is some somewhere then post a link please and i will be more than happy to take a look.. sorry for the long post and thax for the replys... any questions just ask...it should't take tooooo long for me to respond ( couple few hours at most for a while..) thanx again guys
10$ ea junk yard wheels
cutout fenders and quarters
welded rear diff
part of the doorless club

Well if your going to stick with that lift I wouldnt even consider it!No,the stock crossmember is not strong enough.Ive built 2 sets now,not hard and extremely cheap compared to the kits.The only kit thats even close to mine is the TNT set-up,the rest lose way to much ground clearance.As for the performance Id do it again in a heartbeat!
Long Arm Build

What RCP said.

4.5" lift minimum for long arms.
Stock cross member is not strong enough
Upper Control arms need to be mounted with the correct geometry for your system not convenient place to mount them to the frame (would be easier to mount them to the lowers).

Michael

ive seen the old man link while searching and think that i would rather do double hime joints for the "double flex" and yes i was thinking of mounting the uppers to the lowers... but as i thought not enough lift for the work. what about makeing my own double flex stock replacements???

greenbeater said:
ive seen the old man link while searching and think that i would rather do double hime joints for the "double flex" and yes i was thinking of mounting the uppers to the lowers... but as i thought not enough lift for the work. what about makeing my own double flex stock replacements???

I think you might have issues with binding with double heim joints and I suspect you would have a really rough ride.

I just made new UCA and LCA's with JJ's on 1 end and stock rubber on the other end. This should provide plenty more flex then my trackbar and steering can handle at the moment.

Michael

Back