• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird

Should we start a head count? I should arrive early Sat. morning, leaving Sat. night. Hope to have the my rails on by then.

im going to try to be there sunday if people will still be there running trails.

so, anyone wheeling sunday as well?

Pat

Dirk Pitt and myself are camping nearby (dunno where yet) and you're all welcome to join us for some campfire fun.

I didn't see on the Redbird site anywhere where they rated their trails. Maybe I just missed it. Anybody know whats mild and whats wild?

I wouldn't worry about it, Dirk's ride isn't all that big so we'll be taking it easy I'm sure. Hoppefully we'll have enough of both flavors show up to make 2 groups.

Lawn Cher' said:
I wouldn't worry about it, Dirk's ride isn't all that big so we'll be taking it easy I'm sure. Hoppefully we'll have enough of both flavors show up to make 2 groups.

"It ain't the size that matters"

Stand by for camping location/plans.

I went there last fall with Fuel90 ... and have only been there once. If I were to rate the trails, most are like Orange at Badlands (if you are familiar with it). Lots of mud holes and the trails are tight ... some holes are pretty deep ... others have a pretty firm bottom. We probed them before venturing in because neither of us had a winch. Found a couple we stayed out of because there was no bottom. Keep in mind that was last fall ... some of these may have been dug out from guys running 38's and up tires. Tires ... I'd recommend MT's ... lots of mud. I think Fuel90 ran AT's and did fine (except for a broken tail light lens).

Sorry I won't be able to go ... Lesslimited and I are going down to Arkansas the following weekend. You guys have a great time ... I know you will.

Les

Is there anyone going that knows Redbird well enough to lead us and avoid the impromptu "swimming holes"? I haven't been in like three years, but it was fun.
I also vote for the mild stuff. I'm high up, but no traction devices and stock gearing for now.

Maybe this'll be a good opportunity to really get a decent evaluation of the park... I might consider doing a writeup for the next newsletter.

my rig isn't up to par for sat. will anyone have an open seat for sat?

as for the park, with all the rain, i bet some of the holes are going to be friggin deep. some of the trails are kind of hard to follow, but not to hard to figure out from the map.

Fuel90 said:
my rig isn't up to par for sat. will anyone have an open seat for sat?

as for the park, with all the rain, i bet some of the holes are going to be friggin deep. some of the trails are kind of hard to follow, but not to hard to figure out from the map.

Its still a week away. What's wrong with your rig?

nothing major. my d30 u-joints are shot, so i'm rounding up some 297 axle shafts to swap. i'm also waiting on my new rear shocks, and need help to move up the rear shock mounts. plus i'm moving in a couple of weeks and can't afford to break. i'm going to try my best to get there to wheel. if not, i still would at least come to ride.

It doesn't look like we are gonna be hitting anything severe, so you should be alright if you get the uni's done this weekend.

Well, Dirk Pitt is no longer going. (Wedding chores getting in the way... what's he thinking?! :wierd: ) Which means unless someone else has an available seat and is willing to join me around the campfire Saturday night that I may not bother to come either. :(

Lawn Cher' said:
Well, Dirk Pitt is no longer going. (Wedding chores getting in the way... what's he thinking?! :wierd: ) Which means unless someone else has an available seat and is willing to join me around the campfire Saturday night that I may not bother to come either. :(

WTF?? Come on man! I will only be there Sat. but you are welcome to ride with me. You could be my camera bizzitch.:laugh3: PM me if your interested. You could even ride over with me.

Back