• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trailrun

Where you guys want to go? It can't be too far for me since my rig is quickly degenerating from a streetable vehicle and my tow dolly is loaned out for another week or so.

What is the weather forcast?

Sounds like a definite maybe to me if I can track down my newest leak...this one looks like it's coming from the wiring loom holding my VSS and rear O2 sensor wires...directly over the back of the t-case.
bang.gif

I'm another maybe...I wont even know untill saturday night :( I need to get a ton of work done this weekend...

I'd be in for sunday. I have a date with my valve cover to fix a blow by problem on sat.

Where where you thinking?

I can do Sunday, If we can do something early and local, need to be back by 4pm
Denver Weather report looked good for the weekend, not sure what that means for the Rocky's

I only have Sunday off but I know of three trails up Lefthand Canyon north of Boulder.
Carnage a through trail to James Canyon by way of Castle Gulch (lock or posi both ends), Rowena up and over from Lefthand to James Canyon (one short but vary hard spot wench or strap for open diffs), or farther up Lefthand to a good 4x4 trail thats fun with what's left of a cabin and a mine that ends up on Peak to Peak Hwy.(tight bushes some sidehill, hardest part at start of trail). I'm not locked into these trail but want to go before it snows.

Colorado4x4.org has talk of a left-hand/ carnage run at 8:30 on sunday. I think that I would be in for that, or if someone else has a good idea? I think that the mountains are going to be closed with the winter warning and all.

Just ran Spring Creek a few weeks ago in the snow. If I can get a few things fixed, I'm probably in for the run.

Carnage sounds good to me. I can show you my favorite route. There has been a lot of the side trails close up there, but the hard stuff is still open. Some great views of the plains on the way up. I've seen a group from Colo. 4x4 go up the valley and miss one of the best climbs. How many from Colo. 4x4 do you think will show up? Some of the climbs can take quite a while for an ill prepared group to get up!

aren't we supposed to get snow this weekend?

either way, keep us posted... i might be up for a run on sunday.
:cheers:

so... is this happening sunday?
where/when?

I just got word on a family emergency so I won't be making it. You guys don't have too much fun.

Let's do it! A small group can do more than one trail easy. We could meet at Buckingham Park up Lefthand canyon at Old Stage Road. There's a parking lot there and it's before the 4x4 road. What time do you want to meet?

Looks like colodo4x4 has only 2 or3 going so we could hook up with them if you wanted to get up that early. I get off work at 7 AM sunday morning so it doesn't bother me what time we go.

Back