• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension change (short to long arm)

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
howdy,

right now i currently run a RE lift with spacers and sit around 6.5"-7". i wanted to switch to the new RE long arm suspension. What do i need other than the front long control arms and frame mounts? do i have to buy new coils or can i use the old ones? What about shocks? what about the rear suspension leafs? any input is helpful. also, who runs this kit, and is a long arm way better than people say it is?

brandon

Last edited:
just get rid of your old arms, adjust the new ones to the proper length, and mount em. I'd say that longarms are just as good as people say they are....

xjblaine said:
just get rid of your old arms, adjust the new ones to the proper length, and mount em. I'd say that longarms are just as good as people say they are....

i guess i'm confused. you mean stay with a short arm lift and just get new adjustable arms, cuz i already have that.

no. Get the adjustable long arms, they're like 31" long and will require a special cross member mount (check out rustys and RE websites to see what I mean), then mount the new arms to your axle and cross member, you will not need to change anything except for you arms.

Back