• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

painted grill to match body/body touch-up

97xjstock

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to say how awesome automotivetouchup.com is. I just got a 97 xj that had the black grill/headlight bezels and two small rust spots at the drip rails. I bought their primer,paint,and clearcoat and it worked great. The paint matches perfectly. I never had good results with dupli-color and this stuff takes all fear out of grinding away paint and respraying to factory quality. I'd post pics but can't....i can email them to someone if they want to post'em

That's great to hear. I'm thinking of doing my XJ. Which one of their paints did you use? Aerosol can? Or did you use a compressor with spray gun?

If you used a spray gun, did you get the 2-part polyurethane or the 1-part acrylic laquer?

Also ... I'd love to see pics of your results. Please email them to: [email protected]

Thanks for posting this info.

You don't have to mail order it. Any local auto supply shop can mix you up a set of factory matching paint in rattle cans for you. They'll even walk out to your Jeep and grab the paint code off the tag.
My rattle can cost me $12 each and it was a perfect match.

Back