• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA scrubbing with 235s

CarbonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a friend with a '00 XJ, stock suspension. Suspension has about 160k on it. He just put the General Grabber LT235/75-15s on it, and has some noticable scrub on the lower control arms at full lock.

I have the same tire and year XJ, and have no issues. Put mine on 3k before he did.

What could cause this? I don't see anything different from mine.

what wheels does he have? I know some of the stock xj wheels had just a tad more backspacing than others, and the lips in some gave them a different amount of clearance for the LCA's

Assuming they at stock wheels...
There are bolts with lock nuts on the bottom side of the knuckle. They are stops. They may have been poorly adjusted at the factory.

Quick and easy fix, Wheel Spacers!

Do it right...... New rims with less back spacing

WJ or aftermarket LCAs

My 31x10.5's hit when I turned the wheel all the way, with stock rims.
I bought a set of alum rims with a 3" backspacing from craigslist for 100 bucks no more rubbing and my tires look real nice sticking out so far.

it's the combined tread and rim backspacing. mine did too. imo if you like the rims just get some wj lower control arms, the bend allows for there to be no contact. I just picked up a set for my 00 planning on runnin 235s with close to factory rims.

Back