• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Ah ok. Yea I really didn't want to buy new u joints and hub locks for little 30 spline junk. 35 spline ftw.

Got my artec link tower welded up today. Old lower control arm mounts all cleaned off body. What fun that was. At the point t where I just need to get more parts to keep going. Lots of parts. And coilovers. Damn I really do not want to put coils back in. Anyone finds a decent set of used 14-16 coilovers let me know!

The 90° Fittings for the ori reservoirs didn't fit well with the artec towers they had the hoses hitting and damaged both and one started leaking, so I went to a shop in Denver and they made me two 12 inch lines with 45°Fittings and I put one on the passenger side and waited to do the driver , well today the driver was finally leaking I put on the new hose filled the strut back up and notice the passenger side was not going back to level and then I noticed I could hear a faint leak from the brand new hose at the fitting going into the reservoir
...this kind of pissed me off based on just how much the shop that made these two lines charged and one is leaking already and has only been sitting.

so my deathwobble is fixed. it took one junkyard steering box, IRO's brace and spacer, and one new tire. I also have IRO's heavy duty tie rod ordered.
and on another note, i am going to buy 3 more tires, the Falken all Terrain newest version is what i ll be running on. found on Amazon for 160 each and no shipping to my door. looks like a damn well made tire. I am do glad to be driving my Jeep again. and one more thing, i got one of those 50 gallon job boxes from Home Despot for my tools and off road stuff.included are a Snugpak poncho and liner , and one 12x12 tarp and one wool blanket. also looking for a snow shovel with removeable handle if anyone knows where i can get one. thanks all

so my deathwobble is fixed. it took one junkyard steering box, IRO's brace and spacer, and one new tire. I also have IRO's heavy duty tie rod ordered.
and on another note, i am going to buy 3 more tires, the Falken all Terrain newest version is what i ll be running on. found on Amazon for 160 each and no shipping to my door. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHam5qzBs2U
looks like a damn well made tire. I am do glad to be driving my Jeep again. and one more thing, i got one of those 50 gallon job boxes from Home Despot for my tools and off road stuff.included are a Snugpak poncho and liner , and one 12x12 tarp and one wool blanket. also looking for a snow shovel with removeable handle if anyone knows where i can get one. thanks all

Well I think I have about $100 in 3/4 grade 8 fine thread bolts that are now going in the bin as well as a couple metric 18mm 10.9 fine thread ...lol...the reason is I bought the bolts sized according to the outside mount of the clevice and forgot to add some bolt length for the weld washers I have yet to install so the bolts will now be too short ...lol... unfortunately big grade 8 bolts make for an expensive mistake .

Was deciding on i70 to salt lake city or i80 ... The i70 route I figured would be traffic issue and possible snow so I took 80 ...lol... I'm loaded with only 22k lbs of pallets so a gross of 53k in a over size 57ft trailer I've been cautious and do have practice with taking a trailer on two wheels back down , but I'm not driving 70mph over 80 through Arlington and elk mountain only 45 so I have time to react to a gust ... well there are at least 7 trucks including one of our Costco dedicated trucks going east that are playing dead on their side, which if I'm not toppling over at 53k the fellow driver fully loaded headed to the Denver stores at 80k should not be in that pickle ...I hate the wind i' d rather chain than deal with wind...lol... it's the only time I put my seat belt on . I'm parked on the 279 ramp waiting for a bit of die down and this YRC driver in front of me is parked way off the road with a big lean to the right ...lol... I mean you parked b/c you felt tip over was likely and then you orientated the truck in a manner that makes it easier to happen ...lol... I just shake my head daily out here amongst fellow driver's.

Was deciding on i70 to salt lake city or i80 ... The i70 route I figured would be traffic issue and possible snow so I took 80 ...lol... I'm loaded with only 22k lbs of pallets so a gross of 53k in a over size 57ft trailer I've been cautious and do have practice with taking a trailer on two wheels back down , but I'm not driving 70mph over 80 through Arlington and elk mountain only 45 so I have time to react to a gust ... well there are at least 7 trucks including one of our Costco dedicated trucks going east that are playing dead on their side, which if I'm not toppling over at 53k the fellow driver fully loaded headed to the Denver stores at 80k should not be in that pickle ...I hate the wind i' d rather chain than deal with wind...lol... it's the only time I put my seat belt on . I'm parked on the 279 ramp waiting for a bit of die down and this YRC driver in front of me is parked way off the road with a big lean to the right ...lol... I mean you parked b/c you felt tip over was likely and then you orientated the truck in a manner that makes it easier to happen ...lol... I just shake my head daily out here amongst fellow driver's.

Play it safe. I've seen way to many vehicles on their sides from Ft Collins North, and Cheyenne West. Damn that Wyoming is windy. I honestly thought the XJ might go over once. I also remember not being able to get over 45 with the stroker against a headwind up around Rock Springs.

Yep. I’d take 70 all day. Although 6 up to south side of salt lake can be a real slippery bitch at times. Only upside to 80 is ability to stretch the legs on mild days and not have too many cars sipping around to catch exits late, but that’s also when they usually want to come off a lane. The construction around Cheyenne has been a pain the past few years.

Made good time after sitting for an hour...had to cool of my windshield and run with heat off to keep the snow off the window so I could drive at a good speed. Before I got that window cool I had to keep reaching out the window while rolling to remove the ice without having to pull over and get run over .

I had to run the AC here for a bit yesterday.

Happy Holidays folks, try and stay safe up there. My daughter flew down here last night from Denver for the holidays. She just scored a new job up there working at a pipe/tube fitting company. And scored a College Ambassador's job earlier this year at the Rocky Mountain College of Art. And sold here first painting $$$$$. Her 89 Renix is almost 2 years old now, and doing about a 120 mile a day DD round trip runs to school and back.... and delivering Pizzas.... so as a friend of mine says "Life is Good" Merry Christmas!

Play it safe. I've seen way to many vehicles on their sides from Ft Collins North, and Cheyenne West. Damn that Wyoming is windy. I honestly thought the XJ might go over once. I also remember not being able to get over 45 with the stroker against a headwind up around Rock Springs.

Yea we just made it to Laramie. Windy as all hell. Shocker. 287 always makes me laugh.soon as you cross the state line it gets flat, no trees and windy.

Laramie is usually the start of the big wind it's after the 310 and going from the 290 to the 235 that the big wind gusts come basically Arlington/elk mountain ... I have run this nearly every other day on my return to the salt lake depot and it's usually empty pulling a 57 ft composite based trailer I have often driven with the restrictions up for no light weight high profile sometimes taking us30 around from Laramie to wolcott mm235 which is a bit less winds sometimes . I come back at near 80k or slightly heavier . I find myself looking at weather every return trip looking at the time line by the hour for the winds to plan my trip. I was more daring last year this year I find myself obeying the restrictions more .

Well, the Blue DD XJ (build thread around here not recently updated) is close to road worthy finally.

Got the last 10% of the interior knocked out today, got the SFR engine mounts and trans mounts put in.

Waiting for Sam to get back from some headlight bucket stuff, then the header panel will get finished out.

Other than that, just need to get the axle centered, and toe adjusted really.

List is pretty short and another day or two and it'll be ready. I need to get it done ASAP since other than the F-350, this will be the only other vehicle the kiddo is allowed to ride in. My '89 Corolla DD is...not preferred :laugh:

Of course, then comes the F&R bumpers, gas tank skid, rock rails, HD Offroad Shackle Hangers, etc. etc. etc. I have sitting around.

Once the buggy is back running a little later this winter, I'll get to building the 8.8 and D30 with all the other parts I've got ready.

Yea...with kid...it might be done in 2 years hahaha. Then they start walking and go out to the garage with you and all your tools and parts start going missing...

:laugh:

My wife...insists...on shop time for me.

Allows her to sit back and read a book, and me to wrench.

It'll be done come hell or high water, I'll be damned if I don't make EJS :D

Back