NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > South East Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

South East Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2018, 12:55
Three-De Off-Road

Re: Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I saw a great new bumper yesterday. I believe the manufacturer is "Mother Nature Fab." It's quite adaptive. If you get stranded overnight, you are able to use part of the bumper to create fire to keep you warm and to roast small birds and mammals.

[IMG][/IMG]
Dirk DeYoung--Member #176--National Vice President, SEC President
You'll never leave Harlan alive.
1996 ZJ (200GRND)...2001 XJ (TRALRIG)...2006 XK (TOW RIG)
Old December 9th, 2018, 17:13
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
I saw a great new bumper yesterday. I believe the manufacturer is "Mother Nature Fab." It's quite adaptive. If you get stranded overnight, you are able to use part of the bumper to create fire to keep you warm and to roast small birds and mammals.

[IMG][/IMG]
Now that is a stiffy winch plate.... Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old December 11th, 2018, 08:17
Member Number 257

Saturday Deanna and I went and did some Christmas shopping and spent some time together. Sunday was spent in the shop getting the F150 all together and we drove it in the field. Drove the Mj around some too but it still stalls when we put it in gear and try and drive it..... about to throw in the towel on it. Got another MJ delivered while we were working..... 87 red 2.5 TBI AX4 with no axles and a rusty drivers floor.
Old December 12th, 2018, 11:08
NAXJA Member

Took the jeep out this past weekend for the first time since getting married in October. It was an "eventful" day/weekend...if you'd call it that. Started out with loosing brakes about 10 minutes from leaving the house. Passenger front SS line had a hole in it. Limped it back home and replaced and then headed to meet with everyone (I should have taken it as a sign for a long day to come). 15 minutes into the trails, I popped an inner air lock tube from running 1-2 psi and bouncing it. Tire unseated from the rim. Aired it back up and kept going. 20 min later I lost the passenger front to a hole in the sidewall. Threw the spare on. 45 min after that I went a little to rev limiter happy and bounced the jeep into a tree breaking the driver tail light and denting it pretty good. After that I called it a day.

Fast forward to Sunday evening when I had to take my wife to work. 5 min down the road there is a constant metal clicking coming from the driver front. Stopped and saw that I spit a ujoint cap from the axle shaft. Limped it to my sisters and took her jeep the rest of the way to my wife's work. Got back home and started to pull the jeep apart and couldn't find my spindle nut socket; it was in the shop in Winston. Threw it all back together and limped it an hour down to the shop. Pulled the axle out to find that the spare inner I have has bent ears. Reused the chromo inner I pulled out and put a factory stub on it. Finally got it all back together and started driving home. Upon pulling on the highway, the jeep was pulling very hard driver. Stopped and found that the locking hub would not unlock. Was able to tap with a hammer and get it to unlock and proceeded home.

To say I had bad luck is an understatement. It was a very frustrating 48 hours