• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0122 tps code

Mcmadman

NAXJA Forum User
Threw this code and the jeep runs but its a lil rough and my gas mileage shot way down... Going out now to attempt to diagnose. Just posting for attention and hopefully someone has dealt with this and I can post my progress

It stormed after I posted this instill check it at lunch amd when i get home. Its funny you mention the temp sensor... When I smoked my headgasket the temp gaugebdidnt go over the normal running temperature so the thing is like pretending to work

It stormed after I posted this instill check it at lunch amd when i get home. Its funny you mention the temp sensor... When I smoked my headgasket the temp gaugebdidnt go over the normal running temperature so the thing is like pretending to work

No, it's not working, that's why your fuel economy sucks.

There is no code, but you can easily verify it's function with a scanner!

There is no code, but you can easily verify it's function with a ……..

pot of boiling water and a $6 volts/ohms multi-meter.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
But the scanner is testing the sensor, connections, wiring, input to the PCM, and calibration!

I agree that more info is better, but one cannot simply declare that a TPS trouble code means the CTS is faulty without some basic diagnostics performed with tools that should be on hand already, a basic OBD trouble code scanner, a multi-meter, and soup pot.

A ground should have "zero" voltage on it!

Manual digital volt meter, or a swinging needle meter ? Some auto-ranging digital volt meters won't display correct data for this test.

Back