• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise Control

AgentXJ203

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 XJ with 4.0L 6, AW4, NP242, and it has cruise controls on the signal stalk. I do have a yellow box under the dash. My cruise has not worked since I've owned the truck (Sept 2003). Can someone supply me with a schematic of the wiring for the CC and the location of the remote fuse? Thanks!!

AgentXJ203 said:
I have an 89 XJ with 4.0L 6, AW4, NP242, and it has cruise controls on the signal stalk. I do have a yellow box under the dash. My cruise has not worked since I've owned the truck (Sept 2003). Can someone supply me with a schematic of the wiring for the CC and the location of the remote fuse? Thanks!!

Don't have the schematic, but I have an idea where to look for the problem.
Look at the wires going from the steering column to the lever, you may have a broken wire right there.

I just picked up a used cc stalk for $2 at the junkyard, pulls straight out, unplug under dash, fish wires out from steering column, plugged "new" one in a fished wire on outside top of steering column, cruise working in less than 5 minutes! Of course it would take a lot longer to get wire back down inside the steering column but it looks good enough for me.

badgator said:
I just picked up a used cc stalk for $2 at the junkyard, pulls straight out, unplug under dash, fish wires out from steering column, plugged "new" one in a fished wire on outside top of steering column, cruise working in less than 5 minutes! Of course it would take a lot longer to get wire back down inside the steering column but it looks good enough for me.

When I had to do that, I tied a string on old connector before I pulled everything out. Then I tied the string on the new connector and used it to guide it down the column.

Back