• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pump relay switch?

There isn't a switch, other than the ignition switch. The relay on a '90 will be one of the four relays in the relay bank on the passenger side of the engine compartment, behind the battery. If it's still there, there should be a fiberboard cover over the relay bank, secured with two yellow plastic twist fasteners. I think the fuel pump is second from the rear, but I'm not positive on that.

I just had a problem with my relays and had a no start, no ignition problem. After I let off the starter, one of the relays was firing off rapidly for a few seconds. I played musical relays a few times until it started. Unfortunately I didn't track them very well and don't know exactly what I did to fix the problem. Looking at the 4 relays in a row, if the front is number one and the back is number 4....what are these relays controlling? I can't seem to find any pictorial diagrams for them, not in any of the manuals I have anyway.

from the front. #1 o2 sensor heater relay, #2 fuel pump relay, #3 power latch relay, and #4 is ac clutch relay. i can email you the renix fuel injection manual if needed.

from the front. #1 o2 sensor heater relay, #2 fuel pump relay, #3 power latch relay, and #4 is ac clutch relay. i can email you the renix fuel injection manual if needed.

Cool! I think it was the fuel pump relay that was crap., but when I swapped it with the power latch relay, it still didn't start...perhaps I wasn't patient in waiting for the fuel rail to pressurize, so I swapped again with the ac clutch relay. I should see if I can still get those relays for 3 bucks each off my buddy and replace all of them with fresh ones.

If it isn't any trouble, I'd love the renix fuel injection manual... deer_on_fire at hotmail dawt com

2426393_11_full.gif

Thanks very much for the email and the diagram. I still have one question:

Power Latch Relay....what the huh? Is that the one that controls the doorlocks when you turn the ignition on and off?

Back