• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Why do the police have to ruin everyones fun....myself and friend were out wheeling tonite in the snow, not bothering anyone, and plus we weren't even out on public road, and sure enough, the police had to come and ruin all the fun.

Wondo said:
Why do the police have to ruin everyones fun....myself and friend were out wheeling tonite in the snow, not bothering anyone, and plus we weren't even out on public road, and sure enough, the police had to come and ruin all the fun.

Because they can....

well....i might of left out a few things, such as some rather extreme flexing on blocks of cement by my friend, and a few uncontrollable donuts.haha

"Not even on a public road"

So ... where, exactly, were you? If it wasn't a public road, am I safe in assuming it was private property? If so, did you have permission to be there?

I like doing power drifts in unplowed parking lots as much as anyone, but I also realize that our sport is rapidly losing legal places to wheel so it's not helpful to engage in activities that provide the "antis" any more reason to claim we 4-wheelers are just a bunch of destructive jerks who want to destroy the environment. If you were where you weren't supposed to be, I suspect you won't find a lot of sympathy here or on any other legitimate 4WD forum. We're too busy trying to convince legislators that we're responsible citizens and that they shouldn't close down our trails (what we have left of them, anyway).

Churchlady said:
"The art of the policeman is not to see what it is useless that he should see.
Napoleon Bonaparte
"You've got the worst reflexes of all time."
Napoleon Dynamite

nah, we were allowed to be there actually,we have permission, to wheel around in the snow there and stuff and play around, the police saw us from the road and thought we were "causing trouble"...nothin happened,, since were allowed there

wel SINCE i just got "bad reputation" points, aka red little squares, it was "legal wheeling"...We were allowed to be there, just so everyone knows.

I suspect the bad rep may have been in response to your ragging on the police for attempting to safeguard the property on which you were playing.

Good lord!

Who cares about rep. Dont be a tard and you'll be fine, and dont come here bitching about cops that were jsut doing their job.

Fergie

Alright, sorry for posting anything about the police, didn't mean to get any mad, it was just the face that we were there and we were allowed to be there ya know..sorry again

It is more the fact that you expect the police to be cool and not do their job. They see something going on, they do not know all the details, so they check it out. They grill you to see what is going on and to see if you full of it.

Kinda sounds what they are suppossed to do.

Fergie

actually. if you were on private property they SHOULD have left you alone. then again, if you look like punks causing trouble it is well within their right to protect you from yourself. being concerned is not harassment though it may feel like harassment. next time try to make friends.

biscuitboy87 said:
actually. if you were on private property they SHOULD have left you alone. then again, if you look like punks causing trouble it is well within their right to protect you from yourself. being concerned is not harassment though it may feel like harassment. next time try to make friends.
So if a LEO sees someone suspicious go into a house, on PRIVATE PROPERTY, they outta pass it by?

Gimme a break.

Fergie

Fergie said:
So if a LEO sees someone suspicious go into a house, on PRIVATE PROPERTY, they outta pass it by?

Gimme a break.

Fergie

i'm not sure what a LEO is, but if you mean an officer of the law...YES. the reason i say yes (and i DO see your wisdom on this) is the fact that who decides what suspicious IS? breaking a window and climbing through? that is suspicious. kids doing burnouts? is that really suspicious? i dont think it is.
i will give you a break...the case is the boys were roughing it up on private property (i am assuming no actual law breaking) and while it is in the laws best interest to ask if they have the right to pass, and to ask for ID, and perhaps inform them that they may end up killing themselves...but unless laws are specifaclly being broken there is no reason to persue the matter past the "serve and protect" intent.
as for my personal property...
nobody has permission to tresspass. if an officer sees a "suspicious" character go into my house he may notify me, but may not enter without due cause. if the guy goes through the window...that is cause. if he walks through the front or back door...that is not cause...i just hope the suspicious character know my three large german sheppards, because they will eat him.
so case by case there are exceptions as you well know...in this case it was within the right of the officers to ask questions...but i already said that in my previous post...

I see your point as far as your example.

However, the Law Enforcement Officer did not what was going on, and did not know that the kids in question were allowed to be ther.

Honestly, I don't care that much as I don't know the full situation, but have kids come on here about cops giving them a hard time is BS in my opinion. Nothing more.

Fergie

Fergie said:
I see your point as far as your example.

However, the Law Enforcement Officer did not what was going on, and did not know that the kids in question were allowed to be ther.

Honestly, I don't care that much as I don't know the full situation, but have kids come on here about cops giving them a hard time is BS in my opinion. Nothing more.

Fergie
Fergie you are absolutely right.
in my experiences (which is why i even responded to this post) there are poeple who are good at their jobs and there are poeple who are terrible at their jobs but still squeek by. law enforcement is no exception. i get harassed all the time driving my hoopty doo car in the neighborhood (now i know alot of the guys and gals) but they pull me over because my car doesn't "belong" and looks "suspicious". a few of these guys are dickheads...straight up...because they can be. i am biased because i have been harassed because a primered 76 buick skylark is not a 2005 mercedes slk. of course now that i have the XJ they wave! lol.
Also since this is off topic, and since the kid(?) felt harassed it seems to me he was venting his frustrations and not directly bad mouthing law.... of course i added in my post that he should have come away from the situation making friends (if possible).
again you are right...the post should not have been...but police are far from gods...and at times are less than human...just like this guy here.

Meh, if I were a cop, I probably would check it out. 'course, I'd probably start doing donuts with you. Precisely why I'm not a cop : -)

Back