• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Police

msrorysddad

NAXJA Forum User
I'll try to explain my views, and listen to others. My father has been a cop in some form for over forty years. I'll relate a few stories, to try to help others see my side. I've also been an outlaw. I remember he came home once, and was shaken. Seems he went to a roadside park where one of his partners had met with two brothers (dope dealers). He said he realized something was wrong when he saw his friend was in the drivers seat, holding a cigarette in his right hand, arm resting on the console. The ashes were intact and a full cigarette of ashes was hanging between his fingers and had burned between his fingers. Seems one got in the front, one in the back, the one in the back shot his friend in the cerebellum, killing him instantly. Even at such a young age I said he should kill the guys. Well, my dad helped track them down, and arrested both of them, instead of what I and ? would have done, taken the law into my own hands, he took them to jail, and told me it was only a job. I'm not saying police are always right, I've got bad stories too. I'll start there, and maybe relate more. When you see a cop, wave, and smile, you may be just what he needs to stay sane, in an insane world

I like their older music. Not sure what you are rambling about.

Knew a Cop, friend of my fathers, a really nice guy. He had a serious drinking problem, his badge got him out of dozens of DUI's. He drove over a twelve year old girl while drunk and committed suicide.

I like their older music. Not sure what you are rambling about.
Sometimes people just need to talk. Others get the urge to belittle. Seems to me to be room for both on the planet. Though in most instances I find the talkers more interesting. The one liners get kind of "Ho Hum" in a hurry.

Uncles a Cop. Got in a wreck on the way to a 3am call, lights/sirens. Somebody pulled out in front of him. Banged him up pretty bad. Busted his knee. After a month or two of rehab he just returned to "limited duty" aka paperwork.

my point is, we only seem to hear the "bad cop" stories, very seldom do we hear the stories that truly make a difference. Like Ih8epa's uncle. I hope he's ok. I know there are some "bad cops" around, and they need to be dealt with. However, I want people to think, the guy with the badge, for the most part is a human, dealing with inhuman things. To any officer that reads this I give my heartfelt thanks.

my point is, we only seem to hear the "bad cop" stories, very seldom do we hear the stories that truly make a difference. Like Ih8epa's uncle. I hope he's ok. I know there are some "bad cops" around, and they need to be dealt with. However, I want people to think, the guy with the badge, for the most part is a human, dealing with inhuman things. To any officer that reads this I give my heartfelt thanks.

I called my dad (a police officer, the police are your enemy), and told him about it.

You need to check your meds. Your multiple personality disorder is really shining through. :looney:

I did that to see what reaction I would get. I am pleased to say, people got upset, and defended the police, where on other threads the police are being bashed. I figure if you check my posts, which you seem to be willing to do, you will see the whole story.

I would say that police are human, humans make mistakes, they are capable of both great good and great evil. I like to think that most police officers are very respectable men, but there are a few bad apples and everyone has their bad moments...

I'll try to tell ya the story about the guy that cut his own, well you know private thingy off tomorrow. It's funny in a freaky sorta way.

I'll try to tell ya the story about the guy that cut his own, well you know private thingy off tomorrow. It's funny in a freaky sorta way.

I went to a call like that once. Dude was standing naked in his front yard when we got there. Blood all down the front of him...and passed out as we pulled in. Quite odd. It was 'doing evil things' so he decided to hack it off with a bread knife when the scissors wouldn't do the job.

I went to a call like that once. Dude was standing naked in his front yard when we got there. Blood all down the front of him...and passed out as we pulled in. Quite odd. It was 'doing evil things' so he decided to hack it off with a bread knife when the scissors wouldn't do the job.

Atleast he took himself out of the gene pool:dunno:

That's why I have dog's always loyal and ready to risk there lives for the pack.

Dogs are great :D

Girls are cool, too. :party:

608116363_T8aV3-M.jpg

Ordered him to stop bleeding all over the place and then wrote him a citation for littering.

Back