• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hampton Roads Flood

jboncher01

NAXJA Forum User
Well my cherokee survived driving around through the flooded roads for the last 2 days in up to 3 feet of standing water....did find some holes in the floor boards doing it though...:looney:

i'll post up some of the pictures that were taken by a nieghbor of my house and the remnants of my civic when i get them it was supposed to be submerged to the winshield in water. and about 2 feet of water into the house. the whole area where i live is still closed off to traffic because of the flood waters. guess thats what i get for living on a peninsula that is 4 blocks wide and made out of sand. :idea:

That would be down at VaBeach Ocean Front. They have all kinds of things like that, dont ask me why, i think the tourists like pointless things that are out of place

OOoo trust me, I know all about stupid tourists...
My parents home is about a 1/4 mile away from a place called "Conner Prairie".
Its a living history museum if you know what that is. Its a whole replica town from the 19th century.
Anyways this year they decided to install a new attraction which is a helium balloon that goes up and down on a tether.

(This contraption: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXHjq7teUAw)

The horrible part is that on any nice day outside, you can clearly see this giant orange orb floating up and down through the tree line.

Drives me nuts...

/rant

Yeah it was fun i do wish i had been higher up though. Tons of cars stalled in the water. A guy i work with saw a Mercedes CL550 which is a $100,000 car that went swimming, along with the picture of the Aston Martin up to the windows in water.

Yeah it was fun i do wish i had been higher up though. Tons of cars stalled in the water. A guy i work with saw a Mercedes CL550 which is a $100,000 car that went swimming, along with the picture of the Aston Martin up to the windows in water.

ah seeing the aston would make me upset. those are great cars.

I live in Tourist country, The Poconos, we get em from NYC, LI, NJ, then we get more of them during race weekends, thank god thats only twice a year now.

I didn't get the chance to take many pics (working 12-14hrs a day) during the storm/aftermath, but I must admit that getting calls all night to come out a pull fullsize trucks (and a bunch of ricers) out of "puddles" was nice. I think the "heep" earned some rep points this weekend:rof:

Now I get to drain and re-fill the diffs and extend the vents past the cowl-- anyone know if you can fit the vent tubes in the "A" pillar? I've got to get them either inside the cabin or up to the roof.

I tend to agree with the smell-- just haven't figured out where it should go yet. I was also thinking it could be run into the snorkle and terminate in there somewhere, but who knows. I'm just glad I decided to put the doors on Wednesday, as the water was definitely higher than the half doors and flowing pretty quickly!

Back