• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACFest 2019 To-Do list

Ah got it. What's the problem? Got a leak somewhere or an electrical issue? Keep in mind I have an 00 I'm parting out that has all good AC parts minus the compressor.

PS if I were you, I'd give them shocks a try sooner rather than later if I were you. The upper bolts can be a bear and snap some times. There are work arounds if that happens, but it takes time to either drill and tap them or to get and put in the little kit that's sold now to get a better setup out of it. I think Victor knows who sells it.
Just in case.:wow:

I already have the kit as I assume the bolts will snap. and I've replaced everything on the AC except the compressor and yes, that seems to be where it's leaking

Finish the rear disc conversion DONE
Bleed brakes DONE
Alignment DONE
Get inspected DONE
Hope it drives ok still and nothing else breaks
Oil Change DONE
Fluid checks

Somehow passed inspection. They didn't say a thing about all the damage. Gonna recheck the steering and maybe switch it back to underneath the pitman arm. Something just feels off with it. I'm hoping this will be the last year that I actually have to drive it to RC. Hopefully see a truck in my future.

Got the passenger tail-light changed over to 97+ sockets finally, and picked up a new fan clutch that I'll install next weekend.

Still got a couple things I want to do yet - assemble the relay box I'm adding as part of the driving lights rewire, filler panel to create more dash plaque room, check battery(am concerned it's weakening, and I've only got about a month left on the warranty), improve the CB microphone extension cable, and check the aim on my headlights - but I'm not in bad shape, all things considered.

Of course, I had to spray foaming wasp killer around my headlights twice yesterday to try and convince the little buggers to stop trying to nest back in there, hopefully once or twice more and I'll be certain they've gotten the hint...

NACfest prep. I washed it and realized it was bent. I added some shackles, thanks ironmanfab.
59d47b64aff8e54fd08687deda55e349.jpg
7acec6b01817b40517290ca7c6066c9d.jpg
31410a7e4fb4598f99569ca52b735b7f.jpg
4694bb43e8bc9b89dbb88ff4918db841.jpg

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Well the Jeep is about as ready as it's gonna get. Just gotta hope it makes it there.

I'm making a first run up there tomorrow early am to drop off items for the Fest, and I'm leaving the jeep there so it's waiting for me Tuesday night. This year's shirts and dash plaques are in hand, all will be up there. Gotta try to get over to RC and see about some day passes foe the raffle as well. Fiona has a new battery and I'm just going to have to live with the clanking of my shot out shackle bushings, the heads on the lower bolts are so rock rashed I'll have to cut them off, and I'm not dealing with that now.
With almost no rubber left, they aren't even bushings any more. I like to think of them as "high angle air joints"

I am down to wiring up the second a/c in the rv and washing my jeep and doing a little clean up from a wheeling trip last weekend...

mac 'I think/hope' gyvr

A/c wired up

Rv and jeep got yearly oil changes.

mac ‘about to get some packing started’ gyvr

Fan clutch is done.
Serp. Belt tension checked and adjusted
Battery check tomorrow.

Still have to check headlight aim and work on the relay box for the driving lights, though the latter is not required to be done (it's in the 'nice to have' category).

b019d77c50c5aee9cf52fd0292da1e94.jpg

Got the bikes loaded up for campground cruising.

mac ‘gas golf cart not allowed’ gyvr

Looks like my dad's Jeep isn't going to make it. We've got a no spark issue. Iv replaced/ rebuilt everything in the ignition system. Still nothing.

Well jeep is on trailer. Still no rocker protection and/or inside winch controls. The worst part is i own the parts to make both of these to happen. Maybe later, see every one soon
6f2603cc66442ff6b646f766e8e59559.jpg

Well jeep is on trailer. Still no rocker protection and/or inside winch controls. The worst part is i own the parts to make both of these to happen. Maybe later, see every one soon
6f2603cc66442ff6b646f766e8e59559.jpg

Awesome! Don't ask how I remember this but I know you have a love for labatts blue....there is plenty available cold at beer mountain distributors, about 4 miles from the campground..
Thought you might like to know.
Actually going to moab I learn stuff.

Just a last minute update folks! In addition to the formerly mentioned pile of raffle items we already have, mr Simon (Jordan) leveraged a contact he has from quadratec, along with some chapter monies, to make this 20th anniversary one for the books!
We will now also have 4 recovery kits, an arb camp chair, and 2 winches for our raffle!
As of now, we have 45 people registered, so buy early and buy often, I'd say you're chances are VERY GOOD!!!!
RICH

Oh jeez I'm so excited I damn near forgot.
One final addition !!!!
Friday night in our camping area, I will be cooking a camp dinner for everyone there, with fresh local hamburgers, and sausage and pepper sandwiches, also using local fresh smoked sausage that has to be tasted to be believed!!!! Bring your own beverages for this one, but the food is on me as a thank you to all who continue to come to this event and make it what it is!!!
I'm chapter president, yeah..big whoop. This is not about me, it's about all of YOU!!! THANK YOU!
Rich

Back