• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 trans cooling

Gunter

NAXJA Forum User
wanted to share this as well.

Ford Super Duty trans cooler from junkyard ten bux

mounted on front crossmember. no fan but must space out from crossmember 1 inch
this cooler is about 1/3 the size of an XJ stock radiator. it gives more capacity than it will ever need. you need to make your own mounts and deal with plumbing it.
i have no bumper at the moment but i do believe it will fit behind most bumpers no problem.

i dont have any temperature info to share on it. :arrowr:

Maybe not with that specific cooler, but with regular air-to-oil trans coolers, the trans temps on the AW4 go down significantly. Trying to cool the transmission with 210° water isn't the greatest, especially if you're towing or doing some off road driving.

The super duty trans cooler has (not just on Naxja) been a proven solid cooler as well.

Thanks for sharing!

I'd be worried about over cooling the trans. Not sure if that is an issue. Some of the B&M coolers bypass cooler fluid. I am planning to use two cooler off of ZJs. One before the radiator and one after. I want to take heat from getting to the radiator, than cooling down the trans fluid after the radiator. Others have done this.

Back