• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Diamond Aluminum XJ Matts

looks awesome, how long did it take ya to make em?

Wondo said:
looks awesome, how long did it take ya to make em?

U can get a set of actual matts for a template or use some cardboard like i did. Get a sheet of diamond aluminum (not to thick), now u can stencle them out and use a jig saw or i took it to my friends shop and used the pirana to chop em down to size then cut em up, buffed the edges a bit and last is the bend for the driver and passenger matts. I took my time so im not really sure. It was harder then i thought it would be cause i ate up a bunch of blades making the cornerings.

cool, well they turned out good man! looks like the time spent was worth it!

-Wondo

Grizzley said:
Actually looking for some of that stuff to do the bottom of the body in. How much would you charge to do a 4 piece set? :)

You want front and rear matts just like the ones i have? Well i did them over time and i really didnt keep track of cost. If ur serious i'll backtrack and give ya a quote. Sound good?

BIG-G said:
So tell me what you guys think of my diamond aluminum matts that i fabbed up........

Hm, that looks pretty good. What holds them in place?

I'm thinking some of those anodised black could be kinda interesting.

casm said:
Hm, that looks pretty good. What holds them in place?

I'm thinking some of those anodised black could be kinda interesting.

Well the driver and passenger have to be wedged in place so they stay put! The 2 rear ones i just used some industrial velcro since they did slide around a bit.

Those look really good. I'm not criticising and i dont even know if there would be a good way to do it but if you put a small lip on the edges to keep mud, moisture, etc in that would make them even better.

So seriously, how many of you would like me to make you up a pair???? I gotta know so i know how many sheets to get. I would appreciate all of your responces!!!!

Big-G

Back