• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Re: Re: Important

If you change the trailer plug from a 4 pin to a 7 pin on the jeep and the camper, you can run a constant 12v wire from the jeep to the battery to keep it charged while you're driving to the campground and you won't have to try and keep it charged with a solar panel while you're out there.

That's a good idea. Never thought of that. There are so many different choices I could go with. Just trying to figure out what is gonna be the easiest and best route to go with.

I know that part. I failed at the math for recharging.

it's the same math......

it just has a time component tacked on, which is no different than calculating how much current you've pulled out.

A*T is all an AH is.

so if you're putting 30w out of a panel back into a battery @ 12V nominal you're charge rate is 2.5AH. practically it will be slightly less, but close enough for camper lights.

temaqa3a.jpg

mac 'you pee eh' gyvr

I'm not really worried about outside lights. We have a camp fire and lantern for that. I'm just looking for some light for inside the pop up camper for at night time. I do have some small led light pods leftover from when we did the rock lights on the Jeep. Guess I could use them on the ceiling for light. Just need to figure out how many watts each light draws. Wouldn't think it's much.

Best deal going is the flat led strips. There's a 1w led every 3 inches and you can cut them to whatever length you want. I would run a couple strips on the ceiling, wire them to 12v with 18 ga wire and a dipole switch so you can turn on one or both and then down to a battery box.

Same lights that Mac used to convert his overhead flourescents to led in the gulfstream. Best part is they're $10 for 15 feet and the connectors are cheap too. Warm white is probably the nicest for inside.

http://www.amazon.com/HitLights-Ser...&qid=1407531597&sr=8-1&keywords=hitlights+led

http://www.amazon.com/Estone-Connector-Adapter-Single-Welding/dp/B00GTGLCXI/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

The connectors snap on the end so you don't need to solder. You're in it for $16 and have more than enough to put light wherever you want.

Drinking 45 oz margaritas my boss's right now he is so ****ed come Monday because I know he doesn't usually drink this much.

Thank god for auto correct

This is necessary so Ben can see boobs while camping:p

I can assure you, at this point, ben's eyes are trained well enough to see boobs no matter the lighting.

not saying better lighting does not make for more enjoyable boob viewing. but they can be seen no matter what.

Back