NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Midwest Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Midwest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
  #68761  
Old July 31st, 2014, 20:38
macgyvr's Avatar
macgyvr macgyvr is offline
NAXJA Member #120
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 19,822
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLAR_JEEP_04 View Post
What socket? I tried a 12 point 10mm and a 12 point 3/8 and I feel like it's striping them

It's a reverse torx

mac 'not sure which t-' gyvr
__________________
MWC President / President
It's always a good time to join or renew your membership!
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Reply With Quote
  #68762  
Old July 31st, 2014, 20:40
Fore Wheeler's Avatar
Fore Wheeler Fore Wheeler is offline
Past MWC President
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,071
Re: Important

Yes, reverse. I bought a set when I changed the motor in flo. Put regular bolts back in when you reinstall.
__________________
member #285

My build thread: Out of Misery II
Reply With Quote
  #68763  
Old July 31st, 2014, 20:40
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important

10-4 thanks guys. Time to hit up amazon for a socket.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
  #68764  
Old July 31st, 2014, 20:41
macgyvr's Avatar
macgyvr macgyvr is offline
NAXJA Member #120
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 19,822
Important

Yes I have a set as well.

It's sae bolts when you replace them.

mac 'shoot that engineer' gyvr
__________________
MWC President / President
It's always a good time to join or renew your membership!
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Reply With Quote
  #68765  
Old July 31st, 2014, 20:41
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important

Regular bolts are already planned lol!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
  #68766  
Old July 31st, 2014, 20:49
*89Laredo* *89Laredo* is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheffield, IA
Posts: 1,958
Re: Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCC_99XJ View Post
Nice! Talk about low end grunt!



One of our Toyota 4 cylinders drops two quarts of oil every day, has a crank time that of a Renix XJ, and has damn near no compression left. Still runs all day, every day, lifting WAY more than it should be.

My only gripe about the Hyster was the transmission. It was one of those ones where the forward and reverse were integrated into the brake pedal. To the right was forward and the left reverse, instead of a stalk by the steering wheel or near the other levers. Drove me nuts at first as I'd always accidentally knock it into the other gear while trying to stop. Can't remember the name of that set up...
Monotrol. Ours has it. Actually pretty nice one you're used to it, but sometimes it takes a second for it to go from forward to reverse, or sticks.

Don't remember if ours is 4 or 6 cyl.
Reply With Quote
  #68767  
Old July 31st, 2014, 21:27
Smash Hole Smash Hole is offline
GFY
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Smash HQ
Posts: 2,331
Important

Dan is right. Inverted torx. Thank an engineer for that
Reply With Quote
  #68768  
Old July 31st, 2014, 22:39
macgyvr's Avatar
macgyvr macgyvr is offline
NAXJA Member #120
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 19,822
Important



mac 'jerks' gyvr
__________________
MWC President / President
It's always a good time to join or renew your membership!
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Reply With Quote
  #68769  
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:26
MKR5150 MKR5150 is offline
ZFG
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DSM, IA
Posts: 1,834
Re: Important

It's like a t45. Just get a set of cheapos sockets from the parts store. Replace with a regular 3/8ths bolt.
Reply With Quote
  #68770  
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:51
scoobyxj's Avatar
scoobyxj scoobyxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Coshocton, OH
Posts: 3,836
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCC_99XJ View Post
Nice! Talk about low end grunt!



One of our Toyota 4 cylinders drops two quarts of oil every day, has a crank time that of a Renix XJ, and has damn near no compression left. Still runs all day, every day, lifting WAY more than it should be.

My only gripe about the Hyster was the transmission. It was one of those ones where the forward and reverse were integrated into the brake pedal. To the right was forward and the left reverse, instead of a stalk by the steering wheel or near the other levers. Drove me nuts at first as I'd always accidentally knock it into the other gear while trying to stop. Can't remember the name of that set up...
We had an electric lift like that. F-ing retarded! I'm not a fan of Hysters to be honest... I drove lifts at two places. First place had mostly Yale's. One of them got a full rebuild by the new mechanic trying to impress everyone. It was bored out, and the new head had a port 'n' polish job. It was dangerous fast! You could put the forks on the ground, and tromp it, and it would lite up the tires. To bad it blew up about a year, or so later. Second place had all electrics. If you've never been on an AC Power Yale it will change your mind on electrics. They where just as fast, and as powerful as gas motors...

scooby "loaded 80 trucks in a 12hr shift one night" xj
__________________

Last edited by scoobyxj; August 1st, 2014 at 01:57.
Reply With Quote
  #68771  
Old August 1st, 2014, 04:40
BRIANHO13's Avatar
BRIANHO13 BRIANHO13 is offline
<- Yum Chocolate
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 9,661
Re: Important

All of our lifts are governed to 5mph.....they used to be fun.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68772  
Old August 1st, 2014, 06:12
SAMSET's Avatar
SAMSET SAMSET is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bradley IL.
Posts: 3,814
Re: Important

Good morning jeep fans!


FRIDAY!!!





feeling good today. got a 100% the final lab and the final written. truth be told i didn't even study so i was really surprised!

now i have about 24 days off, then comes a pretty difficult fall semester.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie03 View Post
Because boobs are great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWSTER View Post
maybe, but the fun starts when Rewster and Samset show up!

Be the change you want the world to be
Reply With Quote
  #68773  
Old August 1st, 2014, 06:15
UNCC_99XJ's Avatar
UNCC_99XJ UNCC_99XJ is offline
Twisted Up
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, NC
Posts: 8,892
Re: Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by *89Laredo* View Post
Monotrol. Ours has it. Actually pretty nice one you're used to it, but sometimes it takes a second for it to go from forward to reverse, or sticks.

Don't remember if ours is 4 or 6 cyl.
Thats it! I remember mine being sticky too. My cousin is a design engineer with hyster out near the coast. I tried to pitch the idea of a locker to him after ours got stuck in the grass one day, but he didn't seem to think it would be worthwhile. I did enjoy using the Jeep to pull it out. Sob's are heavy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyxj View Post
We had an electric lift like that. F-ing retarded! I'm not a fan of Hysters to be honest... I drove lifts at two places. First place had mostly Yale's. One of them got a full rebuild by the new mechanic trying to impress everyone. It was bored out, and the new head had a port 'n' polish job. It was dangerous fast! You could put the forks on the ground, and tromp it, and it would lite up the tires. To bad it blew up about a year, or so later. Second place had all electrics. If you've never been on an AC Power Yale it will change your mind on electrics. They where just as fast, and as powerful as gas motors...

scooby "loaded 80 trucks in a 12hr shift one night" xj
I'll have to try an all electric one some time. The hyster wasn't my favorite either considering I was always working on it. The saving grace was it was pretty easy to work on.
__________________
-Timbo -
-'99 Sport, RE 4.5" and a few other things
-'13 Performance Blue Ford Focus ST. DD & Race Car.
-'17 Ruby Red F150 Lariat. Tow rig and occasional DD
Reply With Quote
  #68774  
Old August 1st, 2014, 06:22
macgyvr's Avatar
macgyvr macgyvr is offline
NAXJA Member #120
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 19,822
Important

I drove a stand up fork lift when I worked at lowes one summer in college.

mac 'it was called star wars' gyvr
__________________
MWC President / President
It's always a good time to join or renew your membership!
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Reply With Quote
  #68775  
Old August 1st, 2014, 06:28
REWSTER's Avatar
REWSTER REWSTER is offline
BACON!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: bourbonnais IL
Posts: 6,209
Re: Important

I did really un osha approved stunts on a forklift when i worked at a warehouse back when i was 17-19.
__________________
"A Good friend will bail you out of jail but...A True friend will be siting next to you saying damn we screwed up..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
I'd rather lick guacamole off hobags balls .
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMPORTANT chelms27 Midwest Chapter 1 October 3rd, 2006 02:43
Most Important Rocketman Modified Tech Discussion 15 March 25th, 2005 20:23
how important is it? littlexj1 OEM Tech Discussion 2 March 22nd, 2005 09:38


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014