NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old August 19th, 2015, 21:00
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Light bar mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo73 View Post
Holy shit! I feel bad for you guys that cant fab..... stuck with 'options' like that horrendous thing...
Old September 2nd, 2015, 10:02
NAXJA Forum User

Farmer Johnson offroad makes a very simple mount.

Omc offroad has a set of mounts as well.
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:37
NAXJA Forum User

I apologize for bump...just my two cents.

You can drill holes in your roof if you don't want to spend the 100$ I don't think you can use the flood and spot beams separately. Wiring switches are simple a quick search on youtube should explain it. Also, do yourself a favor and run a quick bead of silicone around the bar to prevent moisture. They say they're watertight but a lot of times that isn't the case.
So far I have been using 2 brands ( Rough Country and Trail Master ) https://10carbest.com/best-curved-led-light-bars for all my light bar work and haven't had any issues with water etc. I have installed a few cheap amazon lights like your looking at and derian06 is spot on with using silicone to seal them up. It doesn't look pretty but it does keep them from getting moisture bubbles etc across your lenses. Keeping them sealed well also helps to keep them from "yellowing" creating a dull and reduced output. Currently, for the light bar setup for my roof rack, I have 7x 13.5" Trail Master's, 4x 2" square Rough Country and 1x 30" Rough Country X5. Rough Country makes some pretty night mounts so take a look at their website. There are a lot of useful videos on this subject on Youtube, I'll leave one here, Hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imvj02eaU1M
Old November 22nd, 2018, 07:55
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warich View Post
I apologize for bump...just my two cents.

You can drill holes in your roof if you don't want to spend the 100$ I don't think you can use the flood and spot beams separately. Wiring switches are simple a quick search on youtube should explain it. Also, do yourself a favor and run a quick bead of silicone around the bar to prevent moisture. They say they're watertight but a lot of times that isn't the case.
So far I have been using 2 brands ( Rough Country and Trail Master ) https://10carbest.com/best-curved-led-light-bars for all my light bar work and haven't had any issues with water etc. I have installed a few cheap amazon lights like your looking at and derian06 is spot on with using silicone to seal them up. It doesn't look pretty but it does keep them from getting moisture bubbles etc across your lenses. Keeping them sealed well also helps to keep them from "yellowing" creating a dull and reduced output. Currently, for the light bar setup for my roof rack, I have 7x 13.5" Trail Master's, 4x 2" square Rough Country and 1x 30" Rough Country X5. Rough Country makes some pretty night mounts so take a look at their website. There are a lot of useful videos on this subject on Youtube, I'll leave one here, Hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imvj02eaU1M

Wow! You have so many lights on your roof rack. Any photos?