• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Manual Window Regulator to power window conversion

schmiedel

NAXJA Forum User
I am rid looking for a manual window regulator for my 1988 Pioneer, so I'm thinking about moving to power windows. What has to be done? Any experiences on this job?

Regards

Its not too hard, but it is a little time consuming. Of course you have to take out the old manual regulator. The glass is the same,so you could save some cash cuz you dont have to buy the glass. Make sure you get the complete harness. Make sure you get the regulators, ect. The one thing you have to watch out for is to keep the modle years close. 87 thru 90 match, 91 to 96 match. Im not to sure about the years after that you would have to do some checking on the later years. You will need a drill to get the regulators out because they are rivited. To wire it you will have to hard wire it into your jeep unless you get the fuse block and everything that goes with that (this way would be a ton of work). make sure you use a fuse when you wire it. If you have more guestions PM me and I will answer your questions. I do have extra power regulators for sale but no harness, but I think shipping to Mexico might not be worth it. You also can add power locks while your in there, its not that much extra work. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back