• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ intake melted?

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
So im getting ready to build my stroker and i really want to do the intake upgrade while i have it apart. I looked all over on craigs and ebay and all the junk yards to only find one in a 2001 wrangler. The problem is this wrangler was hit on the drivers front and caught fire. the whole thing is toasted and the throttle body melted down. The intake "looks" like it could be alright after stripping the debree off it. I'll post some pics later but what do you guys think. Could it be completely melted and warped? If i take it off is there a way to check it properly?
thanks

1203091445.jpg

1203091445a.jpg

1203091445b.jpg

1203091445c.jpg

Oh god. Move on. Im sure some of the bolts are toast, making it horrible to get off.

Keep looking.

Yea, I've got like one more place to check. I cant wait any longer to get my jeep back together since its my dd. If anyone has one they can ship to me at a decent price let me know.

Mine was like that as these are rare here I bought it, took a bit to get the melted throttle body out of the manifold but it cleaned up ok, the only thing was that the dowels didn't quite line up requiring them to be drilled out a bit (I am not sure if this is from the heat or not) but it worked fine once I put my original injectors, rail and throttle body etc on it.....

Well its not exactly free. Only 50 though. And i have access to a milling machine so i could reface it if needed. I found one that looked almost new on ebay for 90 but no fuel rail. or anything

If they pay you 50 to take that thing off then it might be worth it. Check on the classifieds here, Jeepforum (I know, but you can snatch some good deals there) and check on the Jeepstrokers.com classifieds

Dude where were you two weeks ago when I was parting my rig out???

I had a mint condition, bead blasted and cleaned, ready to rock 99+ intake with rails etc etc for $50 shipped. Didn't get a single lead from anyone, so it went to the yard with the rest of the Jeep.

Another thing to keep in mind. The structure of raw aluminum changes around 350-400 degrees. It's probably some sort of alloy, but doesn't really matter. Seeing that the throttle body is MELTED, the temperatures were obviously a lot higher than that. I bet your could drop it on the ground and it would shatter into a million pieces.

Dude where were you two weeks ago when I was parting my rig out???

I had a mint condition, bead blasted and cleaned, ready to rock 99+ intake with rails etc etc for $50 shipped. Didn't get a single lead from anyone, so it went to the yard with the rest of the Jeep.

Another thing to keep in mind. The structure of raw aluminum changes around 350-400 degrees. It's probably some sort of alloy, but doesn't really matter. Seeing that the throttle body is MELTED, the temperatures were obviously a lot higher than that.
man, i always miss the good deals! i forgot people post adds on here. i did find two on ebay minus rail and throttle body. 75 Starting bid on one, probably wont go for that. and 90 Buy it now on the other. how much would the yard you sent it to charge for you to grab it? lol

K guys i just found an intake off a 2000 grand cherokee with the strait six according to the yard. Its in pasco about 60 miles away so i havent seen it. 50 dollars for just intake and 100 for complete with rail and tb. Do i need the rail and tb or will mine off the 90 intake work good? thanks again

since im doing the stroker i planned on doing the 24 psi ford injectors and a home made map adjuster. can i get away with my stock injectors?

Yea, I've got like one more place to check. I cant wait any longer to get my jeep back together since its my dd. If anyone has one they can ship to me at a decent price let me know.

I have one....name your price plus shipping. I also have the TB

Back