• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Can't find a decent XJ at good price at the moment not going to fork out 4k for an xj , so I'm deciding on Grand Cherokee or Commander with a 5.7 for the daily and will keep an eye open for another $1000 xj that is a good bait trap for car thieves...lol... it really is hard to find an xj for $1500 or less that does not look like it was already a theft recovery ...;-)

Link to truggy?

That's probably why I had 6 deep waiting for you to flake on the red one. :roflmao:

XJ in good shape are getting hard to find there are still good ones around $1500 , but there are crap ton of clapped out shit boxes in the 1500-2500 range . I'm picking up a limited Commander 5.7 for only a few grand more than what I've seen some trying to sell a 1997 xj for. The commander always reminded me of an XJ on juice ...lol...its what you would think the "new" xj should have been . This thing will even be able to tow my big xj in a pinch .

Still need to find a reasonable xj for my bait car trap since I have the tracking and remote A-V equipment for it and really want to catch a thief...dont matter if it's the same crook lol catching any crook trying to steal my ride will feel rewarding and a very painful ride for the crook since I have a teaser as my less than lethal option along side the glock 21. Tase him beat him up a bit tie them up and leave them in the lot with a note stating " why I'm here tied up"

Last edited:

I replaced the stolen XJ with an XK...lol...these things always looked like an XJ on juice to me ...It will be my ride so the Dodge can be used just to tow , but it is In immaculate shape so I still need a beater for the parking lot at work , which the stolen XJ was really in to good of shape for that lot as well ...lol...now that it's replaced it will show up washed and waxed full tank of gas complete with a thank you note at Flat Irons...or it's being driven in Chihuahua .

I replaced the stolen XJ with an XK...lol...these things always looked like an XJ on juice to me ...It will be my ride so the Dodge can be used just to tow , but it is In immaculate shape so I still need a beater for the parking lot at work , which the stolen XJ was really in to good of shape for that lot as well ...lol...now that it's replaced it will show up washed and waxed full tank of gas complete with a thank you note at Flat Irons...or it's being driven in Chihuahua .
Well congrats on the new ride. And you can keep it in the company lot just take the ECM this time 😂. I'm sure that'll be much more difficult though. I have a few zjs in my area that are sub 1k that run. Obviously need some attention but it's a beater nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I really like the commanders. Been back and forth between a hemi xk and hemi wk

Yeah it took me awhile to find a non clapped out one in either Limited or overland trim with the 5.7 there were a ton of v6 and 4.7 , which the 4.7 does have 305hp 333lb/ft for that year but I was set on the 5.7 . I ordered a steering Disclock it's like the club , but covers the entire wheel so you can't cut the wheel and just slip it off like a Club, and a brake pedal lock and In going to do a couple mods to it so it will not start . I still need to acquire an XJ bait car to set up with the tracking and a-v stuff I bought ...lol...also bought a nice taser which I plan to use on anyone I may catch in the act...lol...going to hand them an ass whooping out of camera sight and then tir them up and call the cops and say I walked up on theft in progress and they came at me with a weapon I figure most thieves have a hammer if not I'll have them covered with something to throw down that becomes theirs ... when I say ass whooping I mean completely incapacitated and they will remember it for life .

Yeah it took me awhile to find a non clapped out one in either Limited or overland trim with the 5.7 there were a ton of v6 and 4.7 , which the 4.7 does have 305hp 333lb/ft for that year but I was set on the 5.7 . I ordered a steering Disclock it's like the club , but covers the entire wheel so you can't cut the wheel and just slip it off like a Club, and a brake pedal lock and In going to do a couple mods to it so it will not start . I still need to acquire an XJ bait car to set up with the tracking and a-v stuff I bought ...lol...also bought a nice taser which I plan to use on anyone I may catch in the act...lol...going to hand them an ass whooping out of camera sight and then tir them up and call the cops and say I walked up on theft in progress and they came at me with a weapon I figure most thieves have a hammer if not I'll have them covered with something to throw down that becomes theirs ... when I say ass whooping I mean completely incapacitated and they will remember it for life .
😂😂. Sounds like a good time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Definitely a ton of clapped out xk. Soccer moms did not take care of them at all. Despite the size, there is t much more room on the inside vs wk which surprised me. And the 5.7 is definitely nice. Especially with the elockers

Nope back to moderate rigs that retain the d30 front and moderate trails like CMG and spring creek will be fun and much cheaper .

Can't blame ya there, seeing as how I get to nearly scratch build my front D60 again :banghead:

The buggy might just be put up for the year at this rate...with one wheeling trip...and focus back on the Blue XJ.

UGHHH.

Definitely a ton of clapped out xk. Soccer moms did not take care of them at all. Despite the size, there is t much more room on the inside vs wk which surprised me. And the 5.7 is definitely nice. Especially with the elockers

Need to find that elusive fully optioned 2009-2010 Limited.

http://www.zonemotorschicago.com/detail-2010-jeep-commander-4wd_4dr_limited-used-15696920.html

Bonus points if you can find the two tone saddle brown interior.

66588626.jpg

Last edited:

Can't blame ya there, seeing as how I get to nearly scratch build my front D60 again :banghead:

The buggy might just be put up for the year at this rate...with one wheeling trip...and focus back on the Blue XJ.

UGHHH.

Yeah wheeled 4x last year and this year nunce the pro strut project soon turned near full redo of the front and only a few hours a month to do the work ...still got the rear to bang out ...lol... hopefully it's as easy as it looks like it will be .

I’ve been thinking if it would be counter culture to lift a srt8

Be a fun toy. But between the transfer case and diffs, it wouldn’t be easy to do. Though the rear is a bit better than non srt models. No low range case would suck. And it’s an oddball trans.

Last edited:

I’ve been thinking if it would be counter culture to lift a srt8.

What would be the benefit over a Hemi Grand Cherokee? By lifting an SRT8 Grand you'd essentially be removing the majority of what makes it an SRT8. Not a huge difference 5.7 vs. 6.1 as far as engine performance - certainly nothing that the aftermarket couldn't supply that wouldn't equal if not surpass the SRT8 6.1. (assuming you're talking about the WK and not WK2)

That WK that Kittrell had was pretty amazing in it's own right, but modified with a SAS and coilovers up front would have been killer......

Back