• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix crank no start

Very fast if the cat sees too much fuel from a rich operation. It super heats them and breaks the honeycomb into pieces that flop around and block the exhaust, or melts the face blocking exhaust. Or road hazard damage? Otherwise in normal healthy use way over 100,000 miles

How fast can a cat go bad? The entire exhaust from the down pipe back is a year and half old give or take.

It starts. It runs.
This morning my mechanic buddy came over to help me and we started it up and it died and we looked all over and checked several things(everything) and nothing changed. It would start fine and run perfect for 5-10 seconds then start a super slow surge. It would slowly surge up then down until it died. We started it probably 15 times and then one time it didn’t die. It still surged slowly but didn’t die. After 5 minutes of wiggling wires and unplugging things and testing vacuum and fuel pressure we turned it off and started it again and it surged a little less and did not die. Stopped and started it again and it ran perfect. It now continues to run perfect. Test drove for 20 minutes and started and stopped the engine 20+ times and it’s back to normal. So things we did to fix it...
1 Got confused
2 Got frustrated
3 Gave up and stared at the engine
4 Started it one last time
It works!
Renix can be so frustrating when everything seems to test fine and then you magically do something or hit a loose something and it works but you can’t pinpoint it or duplicate the situation. Thanks for the help and if anyone has more things to check or test to find my mystery problem in case it comes back please post it up. Thanks again.

Indeed, I have learned that one can never have too many test tools for them, or run too many live, and unpowered hardware tests. My last nightmare was slowly dying shear pin/role pin that holds the dizzy gear on the dizzy shaft, it was letting the rotor position get sloppy on location.....as I accelerated and decelerated causing back fires. It was one I have never read or heard of here.....like many others I figured out over the years that were not in the FSM or....

Back