• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2018 CRAWL to do list

Shafts installed. I’m currently good to go!!

I am going to have to fill up the truck before then.

You coming this year? That is a hell of a haul from Texas!

Well, I am at an impasse.... do I buy a trailer and haul the Hellspawn, or do I give my lil red 92 a thorough inspection and drive it.....

I vote trailer.

Buy a trailer....
I'll add to this later I'm sure lol

Scratch that..... bringing my baby Jeep this year. I'm going to make it more like an adventure trip. It is a relatively short trip for me, but I just want to experience the "drive it there, wheel it, and drive it home". Not going to thrash as hard this year......

That being said, new list:
1. Replace the fuel pump that seems to be overheating
2. Install winch bumper, tire carrier, and rock sliders that are kinda sitting on my front porch
3. Tint the windows.... it's more of a preference thing
4. Build a trail box and stock it
5. Make the A.C. work
6. Maybe hit LBL for a test run
7. Possibly lockers?

Glenn, I would love to follow you around again. I'm taking this on as a sort of challenge though

Last edited:
That being said, new list:
1. Replace the fuel pump that seems to be overheating
2. Install winch bumper, tire carrier, and rock sliders that are kinda sitting on my front porch
3. Tint the windows.... it's more of a preference thing
4. Build a trail box and stock it
5. Make the A.C. work
6. Maybe hit LBL for a test run
7. Possibly lockers?

Holler at me when you reach #6. I have more windows to bust out.

Well, since I just blew up the engine in the Commander, my to do list may simply be to buy a new tow rig.

Of course it may be to replace the engine.

Well, since I just blew up the engine in the Commander, my to do list may simply be to buy a new tow rig.

Of course it may be to replace the engine.

Seems like a lot of the newer engines are ticking time bombs. They all have issues from what I've read. Ford, Chevy and Dodge all have reliability issues at higher millage. Especially when not properly maintained. Not saying yours wasn't but buying used these days is a gamble. Good Luck!

Seems like a lot of the newer engines are ticking time bombs. They all have issues from what I've read. Ford, Chevy and Dodge all have reliability issues at higher millage. Especially when not properly maintained. Not saying yours wasn't but buying used these days is a gamble. Good Luck!

Commanders just suck.

Figured out what's wrong with the MJ not shifting past neutral.

ON the inside of the firewall there's a part of the cable that snaps into a bracket...the ears that snap in wore out so I ordered a new cable which will hopefully be here tomorrow or Friday.
Hopefully won't have to take the column apart at all...unless I decide to try and center the steering wheel which has never been right anyway.

Other than that it's a matter of pulling apart the Yukon hub and putting it back together properly so it will lock and then praying my steering and brake last 1 more trip.

Then...deciding if I'm keeping it or not.

Figured out what's wrong with the MJ not shifting past neutral.

ON the inside of the firewall there's a part of the cable that snaps into a bracket...the ears that snap in wore out so I ordered a new cable which will hopefully be here tomorrow or Friday.
Hopefully won't have to take the column apart at all...unless I decide to try and center the steering wheel which has never been right anyway.

Other than that it's a matter of pulling apart the Yukon hub and putting it back together properly so it will lock and then praying my steering and brake last 1 more trip.

Then...deciding if I'm keeping it or not.

I vote keep it. Once you sell it unless you walk completely away you will miss it.

I vote keep it. Once you sell it unless you walk completely away you will miss it.

I know.

I NEED to put some money into it (brakes and steering) and then I WANT to put some money into it (shorten wheel base and tube the back end/cage front).

I know if I sell it I'm going to spend the same on another rig even if it's not as big. I'm just a cry baby and I want my cake and eat it too.

Back