• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land Use donations

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am wondering if anyone has gave thought to making a donation to a land use cause relative to the South East?

The National Club has offered to match funds up to $500 (Chapter raises $500 and National matches it for a total donation of $1000) The annual deadline for requesting this is December 1st.

This year only, there is also availability of a ONE TIME donation of $1000, beyond & separate from the funds match outlined above. The deadline for this is also December 1st.

What land use groups are active in the SE? I know of Southern Four Wheel Drive Assn and that's it... IIRC the last time SEC made a donation to them, they didn't even bother to acknowledge it with a thank-you letter or anything... but maybe they have a better process in place these days?

It would be a shame for the Chapter to miss out on $1500 to donate towards a good cause. If the matching funds are not used this year, it does not roll over to CY 2009... and the $1000 is a one-time thing... it will be donated, whether or not to a SE regional cause is up to the chapter leadership and what action they take on this in the next few days.

The BOD & the Incoming BOD have talked about this & decided that the only real place we could think of was Tellico. I have already submitted our donation request.

Back