• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

currie antirock install question

stickandrudder

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey everyone, long time reader of the forums here, first post I think.

I'm thinking about getting the currie antirock setup that's XJ specific. I have a 5in lift with a rustys longarm.

Can anyone tell me how "bendy"or "floppy" the fender panels get once you cut the support bracket off the frame? The install seems straightforward, but that part I'm curious on. I can't find any info on it, and the thread where a guy posted pictures of his install, the pics have vanished.

I have stiffeners but it doesnt look like it would be an issue.

Thanks in advance!

I just put this on a month ago and have not noticed any changes in the fender. I do have bushwacker flares so that may help with rigidity.

I love the anti-rock btw.... it drives like a completely different vehicle. A bit more body roll on the road but it does not change the way I drive. I can zip through a roundabout just fine. Only if there is a cross-wind do I find I am steering it more. Off-road it is smoother.... In the past I would disconnect and thought it was good. With the anti-rock it is smoother and just helps absorbs large bumps. Of course, off-camber is so much more stable. I no longer need to carry a spare set of shorts. LOL. Hope is works well for you.

I cut through the support on the drivers side years ago to accommodate a steering brace, and recently cut through the support on the passenger side to install an Antirock swaybar. It’s caused no issues at all. On the other hand, I also have Rusty’s steel fender flares, which add stiffness to the upper part of the fenders. Bottom line though, I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Back