• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Jeep Owner. Just saying hey

Brad79CJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

My name is Brad Boruff andjust got a 98 XJ sport stock. Is there anyone from the Quincy, IL area that is in this chapter? I'm close to the Rockport Offroad park in Rockport, IL. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and make it official that I have taken the dive.

Brad

Welcome from S. Ill. JIM.

Welcome from the western 'burbs of the Lou. This was Rockport's last weekend, by the way. Tom and Debbie are focusing their efforts on the new place in Hannibal now.

Thanks for the info on Rockport. Thankfully Hannibal is really close to me too so I'll have to get familiar over there. Do you know if they have any beginner trails yet? I have heard of the rocks they have but not much else. Are you from this area? I'm trying to start my Jeeping network.

Thanks

Brad

I am east of you, over North of Springfield. A few of us on here are also memebers of Two Rivers Jeep Club, based out of Pittsfield, IL www.trjc.com

The owner of Rockport and the new Hannibal Rocks is one of the founders of TRJC, fyi

Thanks for the link to TRJC. Looks like a good club to join. Pittsfield is about 30min from us. I talked to Tom on the phone yesterday about the New Years event and he was a nice guy. I'm planning on going. Sounds like its going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully I won't break anything on the trails. Ofcourse, I've already done some research about modifying the stock xj. But some say to drive stock for a while and then decide. I see the point, but I don't think 2" springs and aal/new springs would hurt to start out at. I haven't had it very long and I'm already tired of the little stock tires and steel sport wheels. We'll see what happens. Thanks again for posting and for the TRJC link

Brad

Back