• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GDI Radiator plastic plug?

Sprink669

NAXJA Forum User
I have had my GDI for about 6 months now and I have a leak on the right side of the radiator. I pulled the radiator and the "plastic" plug on the passanger side was leaking. Has anyone had this problem? I was going to replace it with a brass plug. Anyone????

I replaced mine with a brass elbow and ran a short piece of radiator grade tubing down, to behind the vacumn canister, put a brass plug (bolt) in the bottom of the tubing, with a hose clamp. Tubing hangs down far enough, it makes it pretty easy to drain the radiator into a bucket.
The elbow I used, had the threads cut in a slight cone shape (like water pipe). I´d be carefull about over tightening.

I had the same problem at a race this weekend. The rubber seal was cracked and distorted. I found a fiber seal at a True Value and won the race. No leaks noted on my GDI.

Back