• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OE radiator hose plastic protector?

My 2000 XJ OE upper radiator hose came with a plastic protector that covered the hose. When I bought a replacement hose, I threw the old radiator hose away along with the plastic hose protector. My new hose is rubbing on the battery and causing wear issues. Do you know where I can buy a replacement hose protector?

Go to Lowes or Home Depot- go to the electrical isle- all it is large diameter convoluted tubing that is designed to protect large guage cable.

If they don't have anything you can get 1" pipe insulation (foam) and split itso it can wrap around the hose.

Go to Lowes or Home Depot- go to the electrical isle- all it is large diameter convoluted tubing that is designed to protect large guage cable.

If they don't have anything you can get 1" pipe insulation (foam) and split itso it can wrap around the hose.

That makes sense, thanks for replying.

No problem. Enjoy the weather in NM.... its freaking horrible weather here all ready.. fall is on its way out already low 40-s to high 30's already at night. 45 and rainy (as usual) here now

No problem. Enjoy the weather in NM.... its freaking horrible weather here all ready.. fall is on its way out already low 40-s to high 30's already at night. 45 and rainy (as usual) here now

Well, I live at 7,000 feet, so our night time lows are already in the twenties. Our first mountain snow was the 1st week of October. With that being said, we are located in the Southwest where the skies are always blue and our daytime temps are very comfortable. Plus, we have some of the lowest humidity in the Northern Hemisphere. :D

I've sliced the old hose open and slid it over the new hose to protect it. I know, doesnt help the OP here, just throwing it out there.

I've sliced the old hose open and slid it over the new hose to protect it. I know, doesnt help the OP here, just throwing it out there.

That makes perfect sense.

Well, I live at 7,000 feet, so our night time lows are already in the twenties. Our first mountain snow was the 1st week of October. With that being said, we are located in the Southwest where the skies are always blue and our daytime temps are very comfortable. Plus, we have some of the lowest humidity in the Northern Hemisphere. :D

We we are at elevation too but it constant moisture if not snow- rain- plus the Rust Demons are headquatered here in the heart of the rust belt.

I purchased a new hose from carquest that comes with the "protectors"

Back