• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another power window problem

'87 Laredo 4-door...

all of the power widows work fine except the front passenger window. it'll roll up, but not down! when i press the button to roll it down, the ammeter drops, so the power is going somewhere. after more than a few seconds, i also notice the "electrical" smell (you know the one!) and the wires going to the motor get really warm.
i pulled the door apart and there is no obvious blockage or anything that would keep the window from rolling down and overheating the motor. anyone have any other suggestions? i don't think the motor is bad since when it does roll down (oh yeah, this started out being intermittent, now it just doesn't work at all), it rolls up without hesitation.

Thanks!
Chuck

Sheese Chuck. Don't you remember Dukes 69 problem ?. The wiring harness under either the drivers foot area or passengers foot area is shorting out to the floor.

Back